Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
b07e885cb99273a6d18a367ca65db28b.jpg

Moon's pic is closer to the color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glad you dig it

wear it in good health my friend

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Last arrivals before Christmas
4s0kna.jpg

Two Panizza (left and centre) and a Borsalino (on the right). Size is 58 or 71/4 US
erxyjo.jpg

- Panizza (Ghiffa) furfelt in medium grey
- Panizza President (Ghiffa) furfelt with short hair in anthracite
- Borsalino Qualità Victoria furfelt in Amiata color with contrasting ribbon
1610r5w.jpg

NOS came from a closed shop.
Soon I will post every hat in the dedicated thread

Last edited:

sulla

One of the Regulars
I just got three hats from an antiques store. Two Panama style straws and a felt pork pie. I will post all three shortly. Here is the first.

A Stetson straw in my size. Pretty good condition; clean and flexible, still has some stiffness to the brim and a clean hat band. The band is not real leather. It was presumably sold at a place called Block's in my home town of Indianapolis. Anyone know anything about this hat? Did I do OK spending $20 on it?

1217151128 by sulla_ab, on Flickr
1217151128a by sulla_ab, on Flickr
1217151128b by sulla_ab, on Flickr
1217151129a by sulla_ab, on Flickr
1217151129 by sulla_ab, on Flickr

sulla

One of the Regulars
Thanks all! I saw these three hats for $20 each in my size and I snatched them up. I'll get the other two posted soon.

As for this Stetson, I think this hat may have some age on it. I was looking around the band for any other markings, union tags, or clues and found a tag with a lot #30, and a price of $5.85. That's not a lot for one of these, I'd wager it's a clue as to the age of the lid. Also looks like it might be a leather band after all. The coating on it seems faux though.

1217151427 by sulla_ab, on Flickr

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Thanks all! I saw these three hats for $20 each in my size and I snatched them up. I'll get the other two posted soon.

As for this Stetson, I think this hat may have some age on it. I was looking around the band for any other markings, union tags, or clues and found a tag with a lot #30, and a price of $5.85. That's not a lot for one of these, I'd wager it's a clue as to the age of the lid. Also looks like it might be a leather band after all. The coating on it seems faux though.

1217151427 by sulla_ab, on Flickr

judging by the size tag, the sweat, that paper tag and the style I would guess late 1950s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR