Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Today I had time to take these pictures of the last arrivals
The light is filtered through the curtains and the grates on the windows (this explains the shadows on hats), so I put some attention to make the most of the colors of the felts

Panizza medium gray Size 58 Furfelt
2ikxx05.jpg

1zvu2cn.jpg

2zs2zdi.jpg

Panizza President anthracite Size 58 Furfelt short hair
30jpwmq.jpg

mn0txw.jpg

dnksgx.jpg

These Panizza were made in Ghiffa and belong to the excellent production of the historical Panizza factory
More to come in open air with interiors and labels

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
gorgeous Cavanagh Scott

great dimensions

and I would thing your dating estimation is pretty accurate ... I would say late 50s ... since that is when the crest with only "New York" written under Cavanagh Hats showed up

Professor Bowers could probably narrow it down for you ... but I would say your are correct

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, guys.

I really like this one.

moon, I discovered, after posting to this thread, and preparing text for the Cavanagh Club thread, a label under the sweatband that says '$25.00' and 'BUFFALO.' The price should be a further help in dating the hat, shouldn't it?

mike, yes it was on ebay last week. I won it within minutes of winning another hat that I have not received yet.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, guys.

I really like this one.

moon, I discovered, after posting to this thread, and preparing text for the Cavanagh Club thread, a label under the sweatband that says '$25.00' and 'BUFFALO.' The price should be a further help in dating the hat, shouldn't it?

mike, yes it was on ebay last week. I won it within minutes of winning another hat that I have not received yet.

Buffalo is most likely the color ... Possibly ?
And that price would suggest probably 60s to me...?
... But my gut says late 50s
Brad Bowers is the guy to ask

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Buffalo is most likely the color ... Possibly ?
And that price would suggest probably 60s to me...?
... But my gut says late 50s
Brad Bowers is the guy to ask

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had thought that BUFFALO was the place it was shipped to and sold. Alan corrected me in The Cavanagh Club thread. It is the color. haha

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, moon.

I haven't removed it because I haven't decided what to do with the hat yet.

This is one of those lids that looks great in pictures, but I don't love the way it looks on me when I look in the mirror. It doesn't look bad, but I don't love it. Yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR