Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Also arrived yesterday, but this one needed a bit of gussying up for it's TFL debut. More in The Cavanaugh Club.

757aebeeda78a2d382626feea9797254.jpg
d55ea5fdc2c3371177930b5df0ca87c3.jpg
f22939daf4e1db1612b89bcccac0e74f.jpg
a077b8c8978c90bd9f29d6e2d7ebdf4a.jpg

Possibly your BEST lid yet, Moe! SOLID, sir!!!

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Grandma looks great, Fruno!
TY, hatsRme. I think it will be a favorite of mine too.
I might be the only one here who is bummed when hats arrive too fast. Kills that anticipation, and makes me buy more sooner so I can have something to look forward to!

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
1980s, or perhaps late 1970s. I don't know when the Garland, TX, plant first introduced those style of labels, but they were in use in the 1980s.

Brad
~The Hatted Professor

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
I was able to get a pic of the tag on my Cav.

b25b297851eb7b58c60bee08dec2912e.jpg

Proably won't be turning out the sweat any farther than that. It doesn't seem too fragile, but I don't want to push my luck too far.
Will post pics in better light when better light is available, but the pic of it on me outside is really close to the deep, rich brown that I'm liking more every time I look at it.

ADHD librarian

One of the Regulars
I was driving through Katoomba today, so had to stop for breakfast at the cafe next to the Hattery. And, being there I had to pop into the Hattery and look at hats. And, as it happened, my old stylemaster has a hole at the pinch...
I have also liked the Federation, for some time.
I think some of you probably see where this is going?
I did try on their new coloured Homburg (quite nice)
13a44ec4c535f72866b55719017df5bb.jpg
and also a burgundy stylemaster (I was wearing my burgundy RM Williams boots & suspected it was a bit much).
Then came the Fed, in various colours. Then, just for a look, the Fed deluxe.
512962ba0e930f54785b4be159bdcbff.jpg

So, I now own a nice Fed Deluxe...
At this stage, bashed with a simple centre dent & a pinch. Just got to decide on the depth of the dent and tightness of the pinch.

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk

I was driving through Katoomba today, so had to stop for breakfast at the cafe next to the Hattery...I did try on their new coloured Homburg (quite nice)...Then came the Fed, in various colours. Then, just for a look, the Fed deluxe. So, I now own a nice Fed Deluxe...
Both hats suit you rather well in my opinion; it's difficult to decide which looks better. But I do think the Fed is more versatile and will get more use than the Homburg might have.

Of course, you can always go back and get the Homburg later... :D

Great pics ADHD. I do like both hats on you but there is something about the Homburg that really sets that pic off; with your face shape & beard I think. I agree with the Z man above; go back & get the other hat! And you might want to try the look of some more rolled brims & stingy brims too.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
If I can interject. I have both grades. My last (abt 3 mos ago) was the standard grade and it's much stiffer than my Deluxe. So all I can suggest is the standard grade that they're shipping now may be stiffer then some Deluxe grades.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot