Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Brent! I was hard pressed to find many with its color and style to compare it to. Closest I think where one Bowen has and the one you moved on to Robert.. though those were more in an OR style with the brim binding (truth be told more the style I was looking for) That made me realize I’d better pull the trigger on this one straight away.

Thank you Randy. I don’t tend to wear my full on westerns out too often.. but I tell you I do intend to wear this one when we go out Friday night… regardless of what my wife says :D

Thanks so much Jim.
She'll come around. Easter weekend I wore a bowler and the wife and I BOTH were complimented for being such a lovely couple!

Northwest Black Cherry
20211226_024842.jpg

The Shoe

One Too Many
Yes, the one and only Akubra Leisure Time! Pronounced "lezhurre" for those who are up over as opposed to down under. Take a gander at the hat band. Real bird feathers have been woven into it, plucked from pheasant, Guinea fowl, and members of the partridge family. Presented by my lovely wife as we celebrate 31 hat filled years. Thanks sweetheart!

View attachment 421546 View attachment 421547 View attachment 421548 View attachment 421549
I saw the Leisure Time on Hats by the Hundred’s website a while back and thought that it was exactly what my wife was looking for. I showed it to her and she agreed. We bought one in Sand. It’s been posted a couple of times here on the Lounge. She liked it so much that she ordered a second one in Regency Fawn. A really nice hat that looks great on you, and I also really like the hatband.
Congrats on the 31 years. Wear it in good health.

Yes, the one and only Akubra Leisure Time! Pronounced "lezhurre" for those who are up over as opposed to down under. Take a gander at the hat band. Real bird feathers have been woven into it, plucked from pheasant, Guinea fowl, and members of the partridge family. Presented by my lovely wife as we celebrate 31 hat filled years. Thanks sweetheart!
First, I'd like to congratulate you and your lovely wife on remaining together for 31 years (plus however long you dated prior to the "I do's"). Perhaps it's because my wife and I live in southern California, home of the "Las Vegas wedding" and the "Mexican divorce", but I've heard countless stories of couples who couldn't seem to make things work (but also didn't seem to try too hard). My wife grew up in Chicagoland, so that may have something to do with it. ;)

Second, excellent choice! Uhh, the Lezhurre Time, that is; looks right at home on you.

Thanks! It is my first Aussie hat. With a brim so flat. And a wide one at that. It's nothing like my Strat.
Nicely done!

I am messaging them. Here’s the frontal shot, unlike their stock photos and YouTube hats, this one visibly has a non-parallel crown.
Yeah, that's more of an "Indy's stunt man" hat at the moment. Hopefully he'll/she'll/they'll make things right.

Last edited:
View attachment 421508

Stetson Nutria Quality Western
Late 1940’s to Early 1950s
Dark Brown Nutria Felt
About 5 inch crown as shaped (prob 6 Open)
Embroidered Stetson Nutria Liner
3 1/4 brim - 3 Ply Ribbon

So I’ve had a hankering for an older brown western. Cause you know…. Gotta keep up with my lack of cattle. Was thinking of something similar to my black Miller Western. Something with a softer older style moldable felt. I came across this Brown Stetson Nutria Quality and thought I could check two boxes at once. Asking price was a bit higher than I would normally want to go but I figured might not have another chance at one like this.

Out of the box it was in pretty decent shape. Still gave it a good brushing to clean up and stream for shape. As expected the Nutria felt is a bit more stiff than beaver/rabbit felts of the era…. Which I believe to be late 1940s to easily 1950s…. But still shapes just fine.

I started by opening up the crown and working on the brim some. Then I settled on this center dent and front pinch. The fit and fell is perfect.

All and all it settles in nicely with what I was looking for. I wasn’t looking for a daily wear kinda hat.. but really it feels comfortable for me.

View attachment 421509 View attachment 421510 View attachment 421511 View attachment 421512 View attachment 421513 View attachment 421514 View attachment 421515 View attachment 421516 View attachment 421517
Whoa,that's a beauty, Joe. Congrats.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Last edited:

View attachment 421546 View attachment 421547 View attachment 421548 View attachment 421549

Congratulations on the milestone! I'm about a tear behind you in that department.

Nice hat, I just hope Susan Dey was not harmed in the making of the ribbon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112