Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I can see why you couldn't walk out the store without that one, Reggie. Nice buy, especially with that box.

Love the tie btw.
Very interesting hat, Reggie. I’ve handled some vintage nutria Stetsons that were on the coarse side too. Most of my modern 100% nutria customs are very soft with a great hand. I don’t know if it’s the nature of the fur or the manufacturing process that is primarily responsible for the finish. Your hat looks great on you.
Thanks Brent, it is somewhat of a gimmicky adventure for Biltmore. I believe this is a medium grade felt, maybe a little softer than an Akubra with a coarse texture. Not a bad piece and i think with time and wear it willsoften up, but it does have that crisp Biltmore style.

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A Borsalino in a classic Americxan style; what's not to like. Brent @deadlyhandsome is going for the "enabler of the year" award this year!

Looks gorgeous, Reggie. I can understand why you couldn't resist!

Cool find and you know how to rock it.
Thanks Stefan, I was checking out the hats your enabler sent you. The green Adam homburg is to die for. Wow!

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
This is a chapter in Italian headwear that I have never explored due to a lack of finds.
I found two hats made by a duo of active Milan hatters, as per labels found in hats in the late 1940s.
Nero forte Milano etichetta carta.jpg
I tried to track down some other news, but to no avail.
Nero forte Milano A.jpg

The production of hats in Italy was exterminated, so much so that it was an important voice of the GDP until the sixties and the production houses, immense, large and medium-sized, were many, leaving very little space for individual hatters.
Nero forte Milano A2.jpg
The duo had as the heading of their company Pagani & Messaggi, located in via Ubaldo Visconti di Modrone 4 - Milan.
Nero forte Milano A4.jpg
The hat I am presenting to you is the oldest with date.
Nero forte Milano AB3.jpg
It is in "almost shimmering" black felt so I believe it is inside the wool
Nero forte Milano particolare Areon.jpg
The hat is beautifully finished and has a sweatband front suitable for air, it is called "Areon" and has a series of "Art Nouveau" motifs embossed around the holes.
Nero forte Milano interno totale.jpg
The lining is in white silk with the logo of the hatters in the center
Nero forte Milano A6.jpg
The size is a full 60cm so a 7 1/2 in US and the materials used are top notch.
Nero forte Milano AB.jpg

These are the dimensions of the "Nero Forte" felt hat. The brims are 6cm and the ribbon is 4cm, the full crown opening is 15.5cm.
So, with a bit of luck, I opened a chapter in the Italian hat that I was missing, tomorrow I will complete it.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
This is a chapter in Italian headwear that I have never explored due to a lack of finds.
I found two hats made by a duo of active Milan hatters, as per labels found in hats in the late 1940s.
View attachment 463520
View attachment 463522
The production of hats in Italy was exterminated, so much so that it was an important voice of the GDP until the sixties and the production houses, immense, large and medium-sized, were many, leaving very little space for individual hatters.
View attachment 463523
The duo had as the heading of their company Pagani & Messaggi, located in via Ubaldo Visconti di Modrone 4 - Milan.
View attachment 463524
View attachment 463530
View attachment 463531
The hat is beautifully finished and has a sweatband front suitable for air, it is called "Areon" and has a series of "Art Nouveau" motifs embossed around the holes.
View attachment 463532
View attachment 463533
View attachment 463534
These are the dimensions of the "Nero Forte" felt hat. The brims are 6cm and the ribbon is 4cm, the full crown opening is 15.5cm.
So, with a bit of luck, I opened a chapter in the Italian hat that I was missing, tomorrow I will complete it.
Wonderful and very interesting new finds, Daniele. Looking forward to your new chapter tomorrow.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 463520
View attachment 463522
View attachment 463523
View attachment 463524
View attachment 463530
View attachment 463531
View attachment 463532
View attachment 463533
View attachment 463534

That is a beauty, Daniele. I can feel the softness through your pictures and description.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Wonderful and very interesting new finds, Daniele. Looking forward to your new chapter tomorrow.

That is a beauty, Daniele. I can feel the softness through your pictures and description.
Thanks a lot Steve and Randy. Once I understood, despite the unclear photos, the extent of the discovery I did my best to get them. I hope the chapter continues

Granville

One of the Regulars
Homburg labeled Hats in the Belfry. Nice felt, fits right. After careful deliberation I've decided to go with a front pinch; I'll have to steam it in to get it to stop popping out. My hat adventure started a year ago with a hard shell 'burg (no dents) which I wore to a couple of occasions but never really fit or felt right. Now I've got one to rock with my silk scarf.
threequarterburg.jpg
profileburgALT.jpg
headdip.jpg

I’m glad it arrived safely. The big question…how does it fit?
It fits fine.....in a way I like my dress hats to fit most of the time. Sits VERY comfortably though needs a LITTLE padding for a windy day. You know how it is......my work hats I like tight, don't want them going anywhere, especially when my hands are full. THANKS AGAIN Brent!!!:)

1668106439988.png
1668106537747.png

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
The second Bowler via Stefan was this very typically shaped English Bowler from Battersby. My favourite Manchester hatmaker.

View attachment 463940 View attachment 463941

Here's Stefan's original post:

Post in thread '" The Great British Hat Makers "' https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/the-great-british-hat-makers.66592/post-2952090
Both look great on you, Steve. While I'm a big fan of Fu lazzaro hats, and this one is no exception, I do find myself drawn to the Battersby. I really like the sleek look it's got from the ultra tight brim curl.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Both look great on you, Steve. While I'm a big fan of Fu lazzaro hats, and this one is no exception, I do find myself drawn to the Battersby. I really like the sleek look it's got from the ultra tight brim curl.
I couldn't agree more, Stefan. Sharp, it is.

Thanks once again for thinking of me when you found it. Appreciate it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana