Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
BobC said:
Bart, I measured the crown at 6 inches. I love the high crown because I can put a deep crease in it and it will still stay off my head. Today, I put a center dent in it and it looked very cool...had a bit of reverse taper to it with that dent. I believe I like the diamond crease though.

The diamond is my favorite. Especially when the crown is nice and tall and you can put a deep diamond in just like you did. Really great:eusa_clap

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
Stetson St. Regis

I just purchased a lot of two hats. The first is a Stetson St. Regis Homburg:

New_Stuff010.jpg

It has a brown sweatband, which means pre-1965, correct?

New_Stuff011.jpg

It's stamped "Mellencamp's, Ypsilanti, Mich." I've yet to determine what became of Mellencamp's and when.

New_Stuff012.jpg

With the exception of this stain, it's in real nice condition.

New_Stuff013.jpg

I'm just not sure if it's me, though.

New_Stuff019.jpg

-Dave

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
Resistol "Melorol" Fedora

This was the one I really wanted. It's a Resistol fedora with the Self-Conforming "Melorol" sweatband. Note the wind trolley.

New_Stuff005.jpg

The "Byer-Rolnick" liner means pre-1968, correct?
New_Stuff007.jpg

It's got an interesting "more-on-the-bottom" bound edge.

New_Stuff009.jpg

And one little moth bite:

New_Stuff014.jpg

Unfortunately, it's a 7 1/8 instead of a 7 1/2 like the seller believed, so no pic of me in this one. Once I've got the money, I'd like to have someone resize it for me.

New_Stuff008.jpg

-Dave

GWD

One Too Many
duggap said:
To really see what it looks like on you, snap down the brim in front. That's the way most everyone wears them.:)

I don't have a Homburg, but I don't think you can snap the brim down. Can you?[huh]

Bingles

A-List Customer
Vintage Milan Stetson

This is my first VINTAGE lid. I won it on ebay last week. I was nervous because it is a 7 1/4, and I usually wear a 7 3/8, but this fits nicely... already broken in. ;)

I love it, and it's in great shape... even came with the original Stetson hat box.

hat1.jpg

hat2.jpg

hat3.jpg

Bingles

A-List Customer
handlebar bart said:
I have to agree Bingles, that is a real sharp looking lid. I like the black bound edge. I'm curious how the vintage straws hold up

The straw is in FANTASTIC shape. I'd swear this was new, but guessing from the original price tag inside the band of $9.45 (or something like that).. it's old.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Bingles said:
The straw is in FANTASTIC shape. I'd swear this was new, but guessing from the original price tag inside the band of $9.45 (or something like that).. it's old.

Wow, thanks Bingles, I have always wondered how they held up.

Bingles

A-List Customer
David Conwill said:
I just purchased a lot of two hats. The first is a Stetson St. Regis Homburg:

New_Stuff010.jpg

It has a brown sweatband, which means pre-1965, correct?

New_Stuff011.jpg

It's stamped "Mellencamp's, Ypsilanti, Mich." I've yet to determine what became of Mellencamp's and when.

New_Stuff012.jpg

With the exception of this stain, it's in real nice condition.

New_Stuff013.jpg

I'm just not sure if it's me, though.

New_Stuff019.jpg

-Dave

It fits you like a glove, Dave. I'm usually fussy about how Homburgs looks on people.. you have to find a hat with just the right proportions to make it look like a hat, and not a prop from the prom store. This is the perfect fit! It may be too formal for everyday use, but if you're ever wearing a suit or tux, this would be perfect!!!

Bingles

A-List Customer
Custom Hatter - Buffalo NY

I have admired all of you who have had the chance to order such wonderful custom hats, done by Art or Optimo (to name a few).

I have always owned wool felt hats since they were in my price range as well as the most common on the internet. For the upcoming Fall/Winter season I decided I would treat myself and get my first fur felt hat. To my great surprise, I found out we have an award winning custom hatter right here in Buffalo.

Today I stopped by to meet the Custom Hatter of Buffalo, Gary White. I spent over and hour in his store as he showed me all the fascinating tools of the trade as well as sharing so many wonderful stories of his passion of hat making. As a History major and lover of hats, I could have stayed there for hours more chatting with him. I felt right at home, and Gary helped me design just what I was looking for.

The feel of 100% beaver fur is amazing!! So much different than wool!!! I decided on a gray thee point pork pie hat, with black band and matching trim. It should be ready sometime in October, and will go for a fitting again before it is completed. I'm so excited and look forward to showing off my custom lid when it is ready.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Congratulations, Bingles. I too have ordered my first custom beaver fedora, from Art Fawcett. Mine should be ready at about the same time yours is. I know your excitement!

Bingles

A-List Customer
BobC said:
Congratulations, Bingles. I too have ordered my first custom beaver fedora, from Art Fawcett. Mine should be ready at about the same time yours is. I know your excitement!

We'll be struttin our stuff come October! LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy