Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Excellent question.

Feraud said:
This is a lovely hat Carter. I have one in gray.

Btw, what give it the "Continental" designation? My hat notes no such name.
From the seller's description:

...Vintage 1940s MENS Chocolate Brown color,and is printed inside in Gold lettering Royal Deluxe Stetson The Stetson Continental In EXCELLENT Pristine Clean vintage condition. no rips tears no stains no odors....

My 7 5/8 Continental, in the same color as the one pictured, has the same inscription on the front of the sweatband.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
Thanks Carter. I should go back and check my Stetson on this point.
Good idea.

Here are some photos of my Continental (originally posted 11-03-07).

1818408817_19c01b6750.jpg
1818564671_8d889ffd2f.jpg
1819412688_a84746eba0.jpg

1819409848_1a1eae5a60.jpg
1819407086_233f742850.jpg

Now I really want to have it refurbished! :)

My new Fedora!

Please critique my new hat. Any suggestions are welcome. It is 100% rabbit, Sahara color, the brim is 2 5/8" the crown is 4 3/4" tall, the ribbon is a nice milk chocolate with a beige accent, and a nice diamond crease. I am considering binding the brim with a matching ribbon.

Picture015.jpg
[/IMG]

Picture016.jpg
[/IMG]

Picture017.jpg
[/IMG]

Picture018.jpg
[/IMG]

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think binding the brim of that hat would really set if off, SOAP. I think brim bindings give any hat a finished look. I have two Fed Deluxes I am thinking of sending to Optimo to have the brims bound.

This hat has several -- what shall we call them? -- if not outright flaws, then at least things that could have been done better. But hey, another hat for me! To wear in downpours and blizzards and under circumstances under which it might get knocked around a bit.

IMGP1160.jpg

Good thing I ain't a bartender, eh?

bolthead

Nice one Tony...

tonyb said:
This hat has several -- what shall we call them? -- if not outright flaws, then at least things that could have been done better. But hey, another hat for me! To wear in downpours and blizzards and under circumstances under which it might get knocked around a bit.

IMGP1160.jpg

I like the color too......:eusa_clap

Hey Carter, nice Flat Top. Probably one of the few pork pies I have missing in my collection beieve it or not. I can't seem to find one in my size. [huh]

D.W. Suratt

One of the Regulars
3 new hats!

I had three hats delivered today! :eusa_clap The first is a Lee with a very stingy brim, one of the shortest i've ever seen. In the description on e-bay it was described as being black with a dark blue ribbon. The ribbon color was correct, but the hat itself is a very dark green, with a bound brim of a little lighter green. You can't really see it in my photos. This is one beautiful hat, and is in perfect condition. The second hat is a stingy brim Champ. It is almost identical to my Knox I posted last week (as seen in my avatar). It came with a cool little hat pin of a horse head. I don't know if it's original with the hat, but it's staying. The thrid hat is a tan Lee which will have it's own post as it needs some work.

Stingy Lee
3042287446_8b874dece1_m.jpg

3041444551_10b6801a6a_m.jpg

The Champ
3041444471_602f0e895d_m.jpg

3042287144_d5af0e5719_m.jpg

3042295698_0b7d28d8a7_m.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
bolthead said:
...Hey Carter, nice Flat Top. Probably one of the few pork pies I have missing in my collection beieve it or not. I can't seem to find one in my size. [huh]
Hey Bolthead, I'm surprised to read that you don't have a Stetson Continental. On the other hand, this is only the second one I've seen in a little over a year on ebay. I'm going to use this one as a reference for refurbishing mine, then it'll be on it's way. What do you have in 7 5/8? Maybe we could make a deal. ;) :)

Good job Tony!

Super lid Tony!:eusa_clap
I seems you are as hard on yourself as I am on myself when it comes to our own work. But I almost could bet that the average joe here on the forums wouln't even see them. But the more hats we make the better we get, eh?
Keeping the dream alive!
You go Tony!
Soap.

tonyb said:

IMGP1160.jpg

bolthead

carter said:
Hey Bolthead, I'm surprised to read that you don't have a Stetson Continental. On the other hand, this is only the second one I've seen in a little over a year on ebay. I'm going to use this one as a reference for refurbishing mine, then it'll be on it's way. What do you have in 7 5/8? Maybe we could make a deal. ;) :)
Sorry Carter, I wish I had something we could work with......it's a beaut. [huh]

bolthead

DW.....Great Lids Dude.....

I had three hats delivered today! The first is a Lee with a very stingy brim, one of the shortest i've ever seen. In the description on e-bay it was described as being black with a dark blue ribbon. The ribbon color was correct, but the hat itself is a very dark green, with a bound brim of a little lighter green. You can't really see it in my photos. This is one beautiful hat, and is in perfect condition. The second hat is a stingy brim Champ. It is almost identical to my Knox I posted last week (as seen in my avatar). It came with a cool little hat pin of a horse head. I don't know if it's original with the hat, but it's staying. The thrid hat is a tan Lee which will have it's own post as it needs some work.

Shortest you've ever seen ay? :D I think I have at least 2 that would make you do this --------> :eek:

D.W. Suratt

One of the Regulars
If they are shorter than my Lee they must be this style lol

3043043680_4c2682ca08_m.jpg

Thanks RBH I think the pin compliments the hat style. Does anyone know if it came with that brand of hat? It's definately a hat pin. Not just something that was stuck on.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
Or just amazing felt. You could almost cut yourself on the edge of one of my Borsalinos - - and it's a roll-up!

DSC_0007.jpg

HPG stop showing of your Borsalino selection okay?:rage: ...are you a sadist?...some of us only have one Borsalino ...and want more...;) ;)

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
cookie said:
HPG stop showing of your Borsalino selection okay?:rage: ...are you a sadist?...some of us only have one Borsalino ...and want more...;) ;)

Heh, heh, heh... (Try to imagine 'evil smile' icon here)

If I had to go with just one make, I'd be satisfied to have only Borsolinos. Vintage ones, mind you.

You'll really hate this part: The three, near perfect, grey ones I have went 'orphaned' (no bids) on Ebay while I was out of town one time. I was so frustrated that I wasn't going to be at a computer when the auction was ending. SO, when I got home, I checked them and they had gone BIDLESS. [huh] Then they were re-listed and I wound up getting them for $25.00 each. :D I figure they were meant to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy