Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
djgo-cat-go said:
borsalino.jpg

I think that hat really works on you. It might not get worn often (I have similar issue with my light hats), but maybe you can relish those times when you do.

Chiliarches

A-List Customer
djgo-cat-go said:
New ebay-victory arrived. I took some artistic liberty and aged the photo a bit.. I think it's a difficult hat to combine with the general attire I have in my closet. We'll see how much it get's worn. I like the hat, but it's not instant love.. As with my FedIV :eek: Also the colour is tan, and pretty vulnerable to dirt (I should've realised that before taking the plunge :eek: ) But this could be said for all the lightcoloured hatwear I have.. lol

borsalino.jpg

I'm going to join the happy throng and say that your hat looks really great. Definitely one of the best hat-owner matches I've seen on the Lounge...and I've spent far too many hours looking, lately.

Dreispitz

One Too Many
rlk said:
3749876754_5b041262ef.jpg
3749086569_6e18b84527.jpg

Up brim or down? Details to follow in German and Austrian Hutmachers

Gosh, where did you get that one?! Looks quite vintage. Looking forward to further pictures. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Mallory Lightweight

3749210441_ab45667de5_b.jpg

3749999814_39fb330733.jpg
3749999326_a0b5bced60.jpg

3749209959_0bd2d2b35e.jpg
3749209597_193fd385ca.jpg

3750085587_017e3798f5_b.jpg

3749637731_0f6784d54f.jpg
3749997112_18711c07cd.jpg

The felt is very much like that of the typical Borsalino Alessandria. Light and soft and wrinkles a bit when crushed. 2-7/8" brim. Unreeded sweat, Color is a bit darker and greener than appears in upper photos. Any date estimates?
1942 ad(pre Stetson 1946 buy)
3750912178_205afca15f_o.jpg

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BobC said:
A new, old Whippet arrived at my house today fresh from the bay. This one looks pretty good except for what looks like a couple of pin holes in the ribbon near the bow. Anybody have any thoughts on how to get those out? A good brushing will improve it quite a bit, I think.

It's black, kind of a rare color I'm told. And it's '50's I believe JtL said. Right, Jim?

IMG_1288.jpg

Very nice Bob. The Whippet is a classic and the black color is really nice. Looks to be in great condition.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Paladin said:
Very nice Bob. The Whippet is a classic and the black color is really nice. Looks to be in great condition.

:arated:

That Whippet looks great on you, Bob. Congrats!

Cheers,
JtL

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BobC said:
Mr. P, if you haven't experienced Resistol's self conforming sweat, I can tell you that you are going to like it. I have one, and it makes the hat feel great on. I've been curious about how I'd look in a homberg. Yours looks fantastic on you and is making me want to try one.

I have another vintage Resistol with the self-conforming band and I agree, it is super comfortable. Give one a try, they seem to go for very little on e-Bay. Three of my four come from there; each less than $26 including shipping. I enjoy wearing them out for dress occasions and may try one for court one day soon.:D

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
djgo-cat-go said:
New ebay-victory arrived. I took some artistic liberty and aged the photo a bit.. I think it's a difficult hat to combine with the general attire I have in my closet. We'll see how much it get's worn. I like the hat, but it's not instant love.. As with my FedIV :eek: Also the colour is tan, and pretty vulnerable to dirt (I should've realised that before taking the plunge :eek: ) But this could be said for all the lightcoloured hatwear I have.. lol

borsalino.jpg

Looks very sharp, djgo-cat-go! :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy