Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
HarpPlayerGene said:
The guy's got a knack for finding them, doesn't he? AND for wearing them. That hat really came alive on you, Scotto! :eusa_clap

Thanks Gene! I've just been lucky the last couple of weeks. Once again there are hats on every available bit of desk, table, counterspace. I need ceiling hooks.

pretzel

New in Town
ScottF said:
I have never seen a hat like this, so thought I'd post all the details. It has a foil size tag, a liner tip with the name of the hat store (not Schoble), and notice the spool of thread in the manufacturer's sweatband logo. 2 3/8" brim, 5.5" unbashed crown. All aspects of it are built well, and I'm guessing it's early 40s.

SchobleSweatTags.jpg

SchobleLabel.jpg

A high school friend of mine's family name was Kleinhans (in central New York)...I wonder if related. I can ask if you want more info about the store.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
pretzel said:
A high school friend of mine's family name was Kleinhans (in central New York)...I wonder if related. I can ask if you want more info about the store.

Thanks - much appreciated.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
pretzel said:

Run a search on the store name. James Powers has posted about it a number of times.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Great lookin' lid, Mark. Good to finally see ya! The hat has a bit of the Stetson "Wanderer" vibe, which I love. Really nice felt/ribbon color combo. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Other Two...

A couple weeks ago I posted three of the five new homburgs I received that week. I have gotten busy and haven't had a chance to get the other two posted...but first the story. About a year or so ago Harp Player Gene posted two beautiful homburg hats in one of the regular threads; one was a fine mink brown Stetson St. Regis, and the other was an old Mossant which I believe he had acquired from Garrett. At that time, I was very well taken with the pair of them, and had wished I could come up with something similar. Well, about 3-4 weks ago, Gene PMed me, asking if I had any desire to own a couple of his homburgs, and he described them. I could not believe my luck! Not only were they the very two he had posted, he and I both are Size 7. That transaction took almost no time, I can tell you. He graciously added a ribbon to the Mossant, which was ribbonless at the time, and they have now reached their final home, as long as I am breathing anyway! Here they are, with a very hearty "Thank You!" to HPG:

Mossant

Sundayhats004-1.jpg

Stetson

Sundayhats002-1.jpg

I will put liner and sweatband shots, as well as close-ups on the Homburg Nation thread later, for anyone interested.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Mr. P -- that Stetson looks right at home on your noggin'. Suits you really well! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum