Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spats McGee

One Too Many
Roninjedi said:
Looklook!!! [jumps up and down like a little schoolgirl] I've wanted a decent Indy fedora for years and now, thanks to Neil and the Classifieds, I finally have one! It's a Federation IV Deluxe, no less! Mmmmm. Buttery felt!
. . . .

Here's that awesome mid-brown in the late afternoon sunlight.
4017215471_e1544b6f97.jpg

I'm like a kid with a new toy. I'll probably be wearing this hat constantly for the next week or so. It's going to get sweated up and dusty over time, which should be just right for both an Indy hat and an Akubra. :)

Looks great, Roninjedi! :eusa_clap

Roninjedi

One of the Regulars
Neil said:
One man's mead and all that. . .I found a pristine Optimo for sale on Ebay in 61, my size, and got it for $175.
And here it is. In perfect, and I mean unworn/perfect condition.
optibrown.jpg
[/IMG]

Oooooh! :eusa_clap Great find, there. And an Optimo, no less!

Yeah. I'm very grateful to you for the discount and to Spats for directing me to your sale.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Blue Optimo

Thanks for the positive reception for the new Optimo. Now I feel slightly less guilty for the expenditure.:eek: ;)

NY_Confidential

Familiar Face
one of my Adam Pacesetters from Johnnyphi

"Sterling Silver" color

Do you guys like the teardrop bash it has? I was thinking of rebashing it to a center dent/forward dent? I think I'm a bit too slim to pull off this teardrop.

1000958m.jpg

Mario said:
Looking great, Pete! :eusa_clap

No problem with the teardrop as far as I am concerned. I think it goes rather well your your features. Way to go!
:arated: I'm with Mario, Pete, but you could make the front pinch a little tighter so it doesn't seem so broad to you. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
NY_Confidential said:
one of my Adam Pacesetters from Johnnyphi

"Sterling Silver" color

Do you guys like the teardrop bash it has? I was thinking of rebashing it to a center dent/forward dent? I think I'm a bit too slim to pull off this teardrop.

1000958m.jpg

The brim shape looks great, too! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

babs

A-List Customer
Roninjedi said:
Looklook!!! [jumps up and down like a little schoolgirl] I've wanted a decent Indy fedora for years and now, thanks to Neil and the Classifieds, I finally have one! It's a Federation IV Deluxe, no less! Mmmmm. Buttery felt!

4017215335_75638b6cdf.jpg

I found it on my doorstep as I was rushing out to work. The postman must've left it without knocking or while I was in the shower. At any rate, I paused, looked at the box trying to decide whether to open it right there or toss it inside on the couch for after work. Instead, I snatched the box and continued hurrying out to my car.

The size on this is 61cm. My head measures 61.5 and it's a long oval which means I really should be wearing a 62. The price was right, though, and I couldn't let it slip away. As I suspected the hat was tight when I put it on in the car. I drove to work with it, wore it in between incoming calls at work, and thought I noticed it loosening slightly during my shift. When I got home I folded up some cloth and put it on my head as a do-rag, steamed the outside of the hat to pop out the C-crease and soften the sides, and jammed it as far down on my head as I could. After a half-hour or so, I took off the rag and the hat fit almost as well as my size 62. It's on my head right now, a bit more snug than last night but still pretty good. I suspect I'm going to have to do a few more of these "training" sessions in order to convince the felt to permanently accept it's new size.

While I'm not overly concerned with Raiders screen accuracy, I tightened the front pinch and put in a center dent, for a more Indiana Jones look, like so...
4017977718_da2c26ea99.jpg

Maybe I'll change it back to a "C" since that center dent is touching the top of my head right now. Perhaps I can join Admiral Goose's fleet?

Mediocre picture but it shows the top view of the center dent.
4017977780_c3c5225354.jpg

Here's that awesome mid-brown in the late afternoon sunlight.
4017215471_e1544b6f97.jpg

I'm like a kid with a new toy. I'll probably be wearing this hat constantly for the next week or so. It's going to get sweated up and dusty over time, which should be just right for both an Indy hat and an Akubra. :)

Hey NICE find!!! Ok as that's the very hat I'm considering and waiting on my hat-budget to do, is the felt in the Deluxe Fed all that and a steak and fries? Does it hold it's own to the felt in vintage lids in your eyes?

Sure looks great! Nice lid. Though I did find a nice Dobbs OR clone, I might still do a campdraft first but the Fed is really sharp. Hard choice.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
rlk said:
Thanks for the positive reception for the new Optimo. Now I feel slightly less guilty for the expenditure.:eek: ;)

You look extremely comfortable in that navy Optimo, and it suits you well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran