Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stealthboy

New in Town
My new Stetson Homburg:

stetson_homburg_400.png

jharrell

New in Town
Christys' of London Panama

I wanted to post a better photo of my new Christys' of London Panama hat.
These hats seem to fit a bit large. I'm a smallish 7 1/4. This hat is a size Large with a range of 7 1/4 to 7 3/8. It took a couple of foam sizers to dial in the fit but now it's good to go. Not quite the season for it but it will be perfect for Playa del Carmen, Mexico next month.

panamahat.jpg

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
buler said:
This arrived in a very crushed box today. I knew that the hatbox was in there and I guess my praying was answered while opening it. No damage to the box. See more detail in the Dunlap Drive-In thread.

B

forty_2.jpg

wowowowow!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Knox Twenty Custom Edge with back bow

Arrived today - seller claimed it's from the 1940's, which I took with a grain of salt...but I think it probably is given the oilcloth brylcreme shield.

Out of the box:

4294269600_16647f828b.jpg

The ribbon treatment:

4293529645_9e504f40ef.jpg

Profile/Wind Trolley - the button has the Knox crest:

4293534751_2a9bd34948.jpg

On my noggin, with a pinch:

4293540905_00c6d8539f.jpg

All it needs is good brushing and a few days cooped up with some baking soda - it's a little smokey.

I tried to get a good shot of the interior but the lighting and my phone camera wouldn't cooperate with each other. The liner is pretty clean, only a little smudge on the intact and pliable oilcloth. Sweat is in great shape too. I'm happy :D

RBH

Bartender
jharrell said:
I wanted to post a better photo of my new Christys' of London Panama hat.
These hats seem to fit a bit large. I'm a smallish 7 1/4. This hat is a size Large with a range of 7 1/4 to 7 3/8. It took a couple of foam sizers to dial in the fit but now it's good to go. Not quite the season for it but it will be perfect for Playa del Carmen, Mexico next month.
I like the loks of that one J.
Whats the brim width and crown height?
And yes.. that is perfect for Mexico!
Remember to take us some photos!

jharrell

New in Town
RBH said:
I like the loks of that one J.
Whats the brim width and crown height?
And yes.. that is perfect for Mexico!
Remember to take us some photos!

The brim is 3" wide. The crown is 4 3/4" on the sides and a approx. 3 3/4" on the front and back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24