Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Thank you all, that Knox was a pleasant surprise. Two hats that far exceeded expectations in one week.:D It actually went up to nearly 60 degrees today and I wore it to walk the dog.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
hatted said:
Fantastic - this is the hat I need this summer!

Yup!

4423108516_58f47ee4a2_o.jpg

The brim looks snappy!

Mikey P

One of the Regulars
My first post & hat

Hi all,

Just got this Churchill Neiman-Marcus today. Needs to be cleaned, and a new sweatband, but I really like the color and the ribbon. And, amazingnly, I found a 7 1/2 vintage hat!

Oh, and hi! Great to be here!

Mikey

IMG_0632.JPG

IMG_0635.JPG

Mr. Riviera

New in Town

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cracker said:
Stetson 50 clear beaver 7X Open Road, Silverbelly (sorry, bad color in pics). Cross-posted from Ebay victories/defeats. Purchased from Scott F. Favorite new hat.

IMG_8574.jpg

And well it should be; looks great! :eusa_clap

Artie

Suspended
All cleaned up and ready to go! My 25.10$ 1930's Dobbs cross country, what a steal. Hat was perfectly clean just needed a little steam and a hand bash. Look at the size of that crown! In my opinion this is the perfect 30's hat, 2" brim and a skyscraper crown. The felt is even lighter than my late 30's playboys. Oops, sorry forgot we're not using the word bash anymore, HAND CREASE! All good. Continue on.:p
dobbs002.jpg

dobbs003.jpg

dobbs004.jpg

portolan

A-List Customer
The widest brim ever......Colonel Littleton has these

on clearance for half price....couldn't resist....One big straw hat....great for sun protection in Mexico! I like it in a wide sort of a way!

Littleton2.jpg

Mr E Train

One Too Many
Pinzano gray milan straw Truman fedora from Hat Guys

I shot this in the small bathroom downstairs because the light is pretty good in there. Yes, I have a small collection of cowboy memorabilia (my size 7 3/4 head is blocking the view of the Hopalong Cassidy AM radio) in the bathroom. Doesn't everyone?[huh]

truman.jpg

Truman2.jpg

Let me take a moment to tell you of my absolutely positive experience with Hat Guys in Oakland. I placed an online order for this hat on Thursday afternoon, about 2PM EST. I didn't get a confirmation email, which didn't concern me too much, but a few hours later I figured I'd give them a call just to make sure they got the order. I called and the lady that answered said that Ken, the guy who handles the web orders, wasn't there right now, and she would take my number and have him call me. Shortly thereafter, I got a call from Ken letting me know that he did indeed get the order and that he had already packed it up and had it ready to go. And I did get a confirmation email a little while later; their shopping cart just takes a while to generate the emails. I received the hat today (Saturday)--all the way from the west coast to the east coast--by Priority Mail. That's lightning fast in my book.:eusa_clap

Ken was friendly and helpful, and he didn't act like it was a burden to have to deal with a customer. That seems like a small thing, something that should just be expected, but I was greatly impressed with Hat Guys because this Pinzano--let's face it--it's essentially an inexpensive hat. It's not like I'm buying a $300 Borsalino, and I have had experiences with other stores in the past where I felt like I was treated like a second class customer, as if I was an imposition upon them because I wasn't buying one of their big ticket items. Hat Guys, though, seem to treat their customers with respect regardless of how much money they're spending. I'll be buying from them in the future for sure.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael