Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Powder Room Pajama Party!

MissQueenie

Practically Family
Hi Ladies!

I'm officially issuing an open invitation to all of the ladies in the powder room! We're having a Pajama Party at my apartment in South Los Angeles before the 1942 Los Angeles Air Raid.

Some pre-amble: I have kitties -- 3 of them. They're very sweet, and can be shy with strangers at first...but I have many friends who are allergic and wanted to put up a big warning flag!

I also live with a boy, who is also very sweet and shy with strangers at first. He'll probably hide until we're ready to go ;)

We can also carpool from my place in the passat wagon -- we can take 4 passengers and a driver (so, 3 other gals) if we want to!

So, question time!

* Who is interested in coming over?
* What time works best for everyone? (Keeping in mind we will have to leave no later than 5:20pm...) Gals are more than welcome to sleep over, as well. Whatever works!
* Ideas about snacks, food, drinks? I can pick some stuff up from the store, I just need to know food preferences, allergies, etc. We can also order in ;)
* Activities! Suggestions?
* Supplies? Pins? Curlers? Curling Irons? Spray? Setting Lotions?

Once we get things hammered out a bit, I'll send around invitations with the info!

Wheee -- great idea Vanessa :)

ChorusGirl

Familiar Face
MissQueenie said:
So far I've heard yes from:

Lauren
Vanessa

Lauren, will Addi be joining us?

Oooh... I might just have to... Sounds like too much fun! But I'll have to make sure that I get enough work done before then (not always fun owning your own business!), and I did promise my cousin I'd go with her to Utah to visit family soon, so hopefully she won't want to go that weekend...

Addi :)

MissQueenie

Practically Family
ChorusGirl said:
Oooh... I might just have to... Sounds like too much fun! But I'll have to make sure that I get enough work done before then (not always fun owning your own business!), and I did promise my cousin I'd go with her to Utah to visit family soon, so hopefully she won't want to go that weekend...

Addi :)

We'd love to have you, sweetheart! Let me know if there are things you can't/don't like to eat so I can edit down my snack food choices in case you can make it :)

~ Queenie.

Vanessa

One Too Many
MissQueenie said:
* Supplies? Pins? Curlers? Curling Irons? Spray? Setting Lotions?

I'll bring the bag 'o hair goodies. Someone must supply copious amounts of hair spray & setting lotion.

MissQueenie

Practically Family
Vanessa said:
Well, that might be enough for Lauren & I - but what's everyone else going to use?

I'll make sure to have several spare cans, in that case ;) Do we have preferences for sprays? I use the light purple can of AquaNet...no idea what makes it different from dark purple or classic blue. Smells exactly the same.

Anyway, I'm happy to pick up a specific type of spray if anyone has a preference!

~ Queenie

Julius Xavier

One of the Regulars

Well ladies I hope you all have a good time at your party... and like ANY event here on the Fedora Lounge we better get pictures of the event! ;)

-DocIndyJones

MissQueenie

Practically Family
DocIndyJones said:
Well ladies I hope you all have a good time at your party... and like ANY event here on the Fedora Lounge we better get pictures of the event! ;)

-DocIndyJones

Don't expect anything racy, now, Jones. I'd be willing to bet the majority of photos will be of hair and make up -- largely uninspiring to the male imagination. I've found fellas don't really like to know how much work goes into looking gorgeous.

But...assuming the other gals are willing, there may be a couple of obligatory glamour shots.

~ Queenie.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
MissQueenie said:
I'd be willing to bet the majority of photos will be of hair and make up -- largely uninspiring to the male imagination.
HAHAHA! Us with our half made faces and suddenly the men of the lounge find us not quite as ellusive as before...

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm so jealous you girls get together and have events like this. I live in Boston, and there seems to be nobody around here really interested in vintage. If anybody's out there, let me know. I'd be more than happy to host a vintage weekend here if anybody is willing to travel out this way. Spring time in Boston can be quite beautiful.
Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful time, and I hope you get some great pictures taken.

MissQueenie

Practically Family
Daisy Buchanan said:
I'm so jealous you girls get together and have events like this. I live in Boston, and there seems to be nobody around here really interested in vintage. If anybody's out there, let me know. I'd be more than happy to host a vintage weekend here if anybody is willing to travel out this way. Spring time in Boston can be quite beautiful.
Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful time, and I hope you get some great pictures taken.

Miss Daisy, you ought to come out here and see us! I know it's a little late for the PJ party, but it's certainly early enough to consider joining us for the QM weekend! People come from all over the place for that :)

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Ooh! I second the request. I promise to come out and meet you someday, too! I've always wanted to go to Boston. Then at least we could go out vintagey for a weekend :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran