Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Probably blasphemy but....

sal

One of the Regulars
I am looking for a good pattern/color sports coat that I can pair with jeans and a button down or (god forbid) dressier t shirt. Will be wearing loafers or my Iron Rangers

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I really like the J Crew unlined Herringbone Tweed Ludlow fit sportscoats, I don't think they are available atm but I got them at 50% off so grabbed the grey and brown.....I think colours other than Blue/Navy work better with jeans.

The tweed gives them more character than a straight wool sports coat, you be able to find them on eBay or wait till they are re-released.

Good review here.

https://dappered.com/2018/11/in-review-the-j-crew-moon-mills-tweed-blazer/

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I tend to stop in at my local thrift shops for stuff like that. Usually a decent assortment, and more than once I have found a perfect gem in just the right size, color and fit, I can try them on, and the price is right.

I wish J. Crew would put a decent collar on their shirts! For $15 on ebay, The workshirts are a great price. I have a few, and would wear them a lot more if the collars weren’t so small/ short.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I tend to stop in at my local thrift shops for stuff like that. Usually a decent assortment, and more than once I have found a perfect gem in just the right size, color and fit, I can try them on, and the price is right.

Yes - I have bought my best blazers for under $50 in thrift shops - Harris Tweed, Donegal Tweed, corduroy.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Check prices at your local tailor first. They are often cheaper than you would think. Tailored budget cloth will always beat expensive cloth that doesn't fit well.

For tailored clothing I always use the tailor :).

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab
Check prices at your local tailor first. They are often cheaper than you would think. Tailored budget cloth will always beat expensive cloth that doesn't fit well.

For tailored clothing I always use the tailor :).

Are you talking about something made to order, or about jackets correctly altered to your build and measurements?
I've never even priced made to order tailored clothing, but was under the impression I would have to be passing through someplace in Asia to afford it.
I have had thrift store finds altered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner