Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quality T-Shirts

TexasTawny001

New in Town
Undershirt

Mister wears undershirts (aka t-shirts) everyday. He has the same problem with Hanes & fruit of the loom.

We ran across some CK (Calvin Klien) white & black under t's in his size at Ross. They were comparably price to Hanes. He absolutely loves them! We stock up every time Ross gets any in!

Good luck!

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
LizzieMaine said:
"Wifebeater" is one modernism I can't stand, period, and I never heard it anywhere but the internet. We always called those sleeveless shirts "undershirts" or "athletic shirts," and the ones with sleeves were simply "t shirts." My grandfather always wore athletic shirts, but they were never seen in public except while mowing the lawn on a very very hot day. Before they became a pricey fashion item, they came three to the pack for a few dollars at any cheap discount store, but the better quality ones came from Sears.

Winter undershirts, meanwhile, had long sleeves and three buttons at the neck and were called "Wallace Beerys."
I agree Lizzie, there is a lot of slang that I wish I didn't know. My husband wears the athletic shirts for working on cars and will run out the auto parts store to get a part but otherwise they go under clothes for him. We still buy them 3 to a pack.;)

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Hi i checked with my Dad Honey Bee and he gets his from Lands End or Gap and recommended those as being pretty good. Actually wife beater i had heard of, although it's not a common used amongst people of my generation in the UK as it's an americanism, a bit tawdry, so i'll stick to vest or undershirt i think!

LarryRalp

New in Town
wife beater shirts aka atheletic shirts

The wife beater name comes from the 1950's movies in which a wife is being slapped around by a drunk sloven of a man who seems to always be wearing an atheletic undershirt and no over shirt. I got this from some young people several years ago.

LarryRalp

New in Town
Best T-shirt

Land's End makes the best! You can get a regular or high crew neck shirt is very fine material. The high crew or mock turtle neck can even be worn with a sport coat for a casual look.

Honey Bee

One of the Regulars
LarryRalp said:
The wife beater name comes from the 1950's movies in which a wife is being slapped around by a drunk sloven of a man who seems to always be wearing an atheletic undershirt and no over shirt. I got this from some young people several years ago.

Again...I learn something new everyday lol
Thanks for all the info...will check into CK and Lands End tomorrow!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff