Query about Sandor's (Brooks) PJ27 jacket?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Salmosalar, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Salmosalar

Salmosalar New in Town

Hi Folks,
    I have acquired this intriguing jacket - it is branded as Sandor's and made in Detroit. I cannot find any info about this maker, but it seems too much of a coincidence that Sandor Weiss founded Brooks in Detroit in the 50’s and this looks very similar to their early PJ27 on the website here - https://www.brooksusmade.com/about/ - any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated as I am very much a novice here! 3AAC6497-74D1-41B4-ABB5-EF87C767FFAE.jpeg 8EA769FB-AEE8-461C-B945-8B199DE5FD2E.jpeg

Angel, handymike and Guivil like this.
  2. torfjord

torfjord One Too Many

I can’t help but just want to add that the label uses the exact same font as the Brooks label.

3. ton312

ton312

That is a Brooks jacket. Why the Sandor’s label I don’t know. That label seems to be rare and I’m not sure where it fits in the Brooks timeline other than it predates the switch to this label:
    F65AAF16-59A9-4E98-93BB-01CB7D4A8AE1.jpeg

4. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

That’s probably some kind of collector piece...the label looks just like my Brooks label.
    Cool find, how does it fit?
    Did you get it from England?
    I found an ebay listing for one that called it a 60s jacket which makes sense with the label. Maybe some kind of side hustle or a Brooks pre-cursor.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
  5. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

Is it possible that Weiss started his company as Sandor's and then quickly changed to Brooks for whatever reason? If so, definitely a rare jacket.

6. Salmosalar

Salmosalar New in Town

This is what I was wondering - it might be an early precursor before taking the more “Americanised” name of Brooks?

Will Zach likes this.