Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question about Brands for a B3 Jacket

Agouti

New in Town
Hello everyone, this is my first post, and this place looks very helpful for someone seeking advice on quality leather products.

I am considering purchasing a b3 leather jacket, and wish to know which one would be the best.

Jacket 1: $150
2ijrzox.jpg

24gizyd.jpg

An Aviation Leathercraft B3 leather jacket, looks brand new, but it has what appears to be a painted decal on the side of the shoulder I would like to remove. How would I do this?

Jacket 2: $150
An Avirex b3 jacket.
It has some wear on the right arm.
2556z9c.jpg

Jacket 3: $50

It's a b3, but it's in black instead of your standard brown and white/off white.
It appears to have some general wear, but no major holes, tears, etc.
2d96a81.jpg

fw4yo2.jpg

28bbq6t.jpg

So what I'm wondering here, is, primarily, which brand has the best quality workmanship? I'm not looking for historical authenticity, just a stylish functional jacket. How hard would it be to remove the decal from jacket 1, or rejuvenate jackets 2 or 3? I would take it to the local leather worker.

xt40

Familiar Face
Hi, of the three i would think the first is best as it kinda looks like a proper b-3 from a distance although it doesnt seem to have horsehide facings on the sleeves and the collar does not look right .
Ignore the labels on the other 2. Not B-3's. They are just sheepskin jackets of a style that is very common, always have a fake b-3 label and never fit properly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy