Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question about new groups ...

PBI1944

New in Town
I am looking for any 1940's events in Houston, Texas ... wondering if there is place I can post for those who are here. I posted this message in the events section but I think it was deleted. Q: where do I post to contact / set up events?

Regards,
Mick

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Mick,

Welcome to the Lounge! I've no idea why your post might have been deleted, but the Events section is indeed where such posts go. Read the thread at the top titled New Event Rules-Read Before Posting and then post. Sounds like your post would fall under this rule:
Gauging interest in a meet-up? Start thread with: Event Inquiry:

I did a search for "Houston" in the Events thread and came up with a few older posts. One of them referenced something that sounded like it might be an annual event, and a couple of clicks later I had it: Pops and Props 2011.

Good luck!

Tom

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
I show no posts deleted for you. Tom's put you on the right track, though. Make a post in the Events area.

You could post a thread titled Inquiry Meet up in Houston Texas Area. Then in the thread spell out what you are most interested in. Even if it's not 40's stuff that people come up with you may find some cool events to go to and get to meet some nice people in your area.

PBI1944

New in Town
Gentlemen,

A very appreciative "thank you"! I will be posting again in the events section. I did check out the event at the 1940's Air Terminal (here in Houston; not sure why I forgot about that place - they have been doing events there for quite some time!) and sent and email to them hopefully we'll hear back.

Regards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats