Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question for why you're here?

carter

I'll Lock Up
... to admire HadleyH and all of the beautiful women here?

It's still raining out. The lights are still low and the music's stilll mellow. The couple at the corner table are still at it. Yeah, I'm stayin' 'til they shut the joint down. Wonder what the avatars look like when they turn the lights up? Stick around. Have another beer, i'm buyin'. :rolleyes:

carter

I'll Lock Up
You're stickin' around 'til last call? I'm staying past that--somebody's gotta keep an eye on a joint like this. Don't worry, I'll get the lights--I see better in the dark anyway...

Beer? Thank you, but I shall pass on that. Bartender, a gimlet, please...

"One more for the lady and one more for the....."

yeah, I changed the lyrics. Call me Decker. ;)

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I think I found this place while Googling hats, I don't really remember. But I stayed around because I love the era.
Yes, I too have wondered if I have some sort of magic talent for killing a thread. It's not just me?
But mainly, whenever I start going on and on about Winston Churchill, or Artie Shaw, or 1941 Buicks, or wooden baseball stadiums to my "real world" friends, and start seeing their eyes start to glaze over, I wish there were other people who shared the same passions that I have. I've found that here.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Originally posted by dhermann1
Yes, I too have wondered if I have some sort of magic talent for killing a thread. It's not just me?

Good question. I've sometimes wondered the same thing. Maybe there should be a "Who Killed the Thread" thread. lol

Maybe it's just attention span or folks get tired and move on to something else. It could be anything.

I was wondering if I killed the "Name That Tune" thread just this morning.

Now I'm going to go shoot the piano player. :D

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
carter said:
Good question. I've sometimes wondered the same thing. Maybe there should be a "Who Killed the Thread" thread. lol

Maybe it's just attention span or folks get tired and move on to something else. It could be anything.

I was wondering if I killed the "Name That Tune" thread just this morning.

Now I'm going to go shoot the piano player. :D

The threads come in, the threads come out. The ones that go in are lean and thin, the ones that go out are fat and stout. They will eventually get revived.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Originally posted by Doran
The threads come in, the threads come out. The ones that go in are lean and thin, the ones that go out are fat and stout. They will eventually get revived.

Well said. That New French Chapeau is doing wonders for the poetic side of your nature. :D

Travis

Suspended
Miss Neecerie said:
Some strange man came in and chained me to this bar...I think he took the key away with him, so here I am! lol

Anyone seen a guy with a hat walking around carrying a key?

The key is under the carpet on the stairs... wait, nevermind, that was Dial M For Murder...

I'll go back to my drink now...

Miss Neecerie said:
Anyone seen a guy with a hat walking around carrying a key?
No, but I'm sure a little judicious use of blowtorch would solve the chain problem... then getting rid of the attached shackle becomes the problem.

I suppose, if the price were right, I could be persuaded to dig out the old black-bag kit and break out the lockpicking tools... :D

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Damn! I sure would enjoy this conversation live and in person! Think how quick and sizzling it would be! And I'm afraid I'm going to have a conflict with the Queen Mary dates. Shucks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner