Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Real Deal grain

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Here's a recent pic of my Aero Real Deal showing how the leather grain is starting to show up. I've helped the process along with misting it with water. The pic shows the leather to be a little more red than it actually is.

IMG20071102_20071205_0001_1-1.jpg

fedoralover

Edward

Bartender
Looking good. The rust knits look superb alongside the russet body. How "mismatched" are the grains on the various body panels? I'm finding myself very tempted by the £60 price saving the real deal option carries with it.... I'm wanting a seal brown for my first A2, but I also really fancy a russett CBI field modified to follow: £60 is a fair chunk of the £250 one of those goes for.

Edward

Bartender
Mr. 'H' said:
Edward,

:eek:

Does that mean that a RD CBI would go gor £190?? That would be music to my ears....

Oh, now, wouldn't that be something!! I don't know whether they offer the real deal option on anything but the regular a2.... it comes out at £300 as opposed to the £360 of the oil pull horsehide model which I've been looking at... I'd be surprised if they went lower than the £250 advertised price of the CBI model, but if you drop them a line and they confirm otherwise, let me know - I'll be tripping over myself to get that order in!! (Loving the look of Daddyo's CBI FM in the other thread.... very fifties rockabilly vibe about it to my eyes).

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
fedoralover said:
Here's a recent pic of my Aero Real Deal showing how the leather grain is starting to show up. I've helped the process along with misting it with water. The pic shows the leather to be a little more red than it actually is.

IMG20071102_20071205_0001_1-1.jpg

fedoralover

Here's a pic of it new to show how one can use a little water and forced wrinkling to make the grain come out. I don't like the smooth look or the stiff feel of unbroken in leather.
IMG_20070411_0001-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy