Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent deal on EBAY . . .

mingoslim

Practically Family
eBay . . . can have some great deals, if you know where to look, and you have a little luck . . .

For example, I recently came across a listing for a "Vintage Fifth Avenue New York Hat Box" . . . The gallery picture was this:

dobbsbox.jpg

The starting bid was $65.00 Or best offer . . . so I had to have a look . . .
And upon looking I found that the seller had a long listing about this really cool "hat box" . . . The ver last sentence of the listing noted that what else was cool was that there was an "old cowboy hat" in the box, along with this picture . . .

dobbs.jpg

I had a feeling . . . so I offered $50.00 . . . the seller took the offer . . .
This is what I got . . .

dobbsc194005.jpg

Based upone the liner, I would say late 1940s, maybe early 50s.
Dobbs Forty . . . great soft fur felt . . . mint condition . . .
Course it needed brushed and blocked . . .

dobbsc194003.jpg

7 1/4 LO . . . but a brief time on the stretcher and it fits my 7 3.8 LO just fine . . .

dobbsc194007.jpg

And it came in this really cool vintage box . . .

There are deals out there to be had . . .
Slim

Spellflower

Practically Family
You might be interested in this bubblegum company I know. You only get one stick of gum in a pack, but it comes with some free baseball cards that are pretty neat. ;)

mingoslim

Practically Family
Spellflower said:
You might be interested in this bubblegum company I know. You only get one stick of gum in a pack, but it comes with some free baseball cards that are pretty neat. ;)

If it is a neat old stick of gum from the late 40s or early 50s, I would take a chance on that deal too ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21