Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction Watches

James007

Familiar Face
Does any one know of a Place that sells good quality reproduction 1930's watches?

Cheer's
James

Edward

Bartender
Yes, I'm all for decent replicas myself. A vintage timepiece is nice, though reconditioning etc can make it an expensive foible. Also, one doesn't always care to have something irreplaceable on one's wrist...

The Circa watches look lovely, I just wish they did them with an auto-winding, mechanical mechanism rather than quartz. Quartz, reliable as it may be, is a dealbreaker to me.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I've never seen a contemporary repro watch that was convincing. They've all had a certain indefinable knock-off look to them. But then I feel the same way about virtually all repro products -- vintage-y toasters and other appliances, "old style" radios, etc. They just never look right, for my money.

I own several vintage watches, and wouldn't trade them. None of them are fancy, but every one of them is authentic and looks it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters