Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Revisited: The Double-breasted Blazer

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Mojave Jack said:
Ah! Excellent point!
Felt is fine as well. There are many light colored and summer weight felts that go just as well with linen. There are dark linen pants that look like wool. There are even wool pants that look like linen!

These are wool:

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mojave Jack said:
Alan, that is a sharp and classic combination you've put together. I like the way it instantly becomes more formal, simply with a different pair of pants. I like it so much I just went and bought a pair of grey flannel trousers, and am on the hunt for a navy DB blazer. Here's a question, though: Alan, you're wearing cordovan loafers with your combination, but as usual, you've cut off your head! What color hat would you wear or do you wear with that enemble? Would a greay still go, or would you go with a shade of brown?

Thanks for the very kind words. I've not been a regular hat wearer (but I'm working on it!), but I would think grey would work very nicely, but also notice that I have a chocolate tie on. That would give you versatility, I'd think, and make brown work, too.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Hemingway Jones said:
There are many light colored and summer weight felts that go just as well with linen.
Sorry, I can't imagine wearing a felt hat, of any weight, in summer. [huh]

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The "Prince Michael of Kent" DB Look!

Main point of this little posting, is to show off the classic English DB Navy jacket as worn by that dapper British Royal, "Prince Michael of Kent", with the Tsarish beard!!. So, LIGHTS...ACTION...CAMERA...

aviator-01_l.jpg

hrh_nf_top.jpg

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Well, the pants need to be shortened a bit, and the jacket taken in a smidge, but so far, so good. Here's the resultant ensemble with my new clay-colored Whippet and one with my grey Adam.

NavyBlazerandClayWhippet.jpg
NavyBlazerandGreyAdam.jpg

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
It looks very nice, Jack. I wish the contrast were better to make details of the jacket stand out more. I can't quite see the fit. Personally, I like a little pull on the button, but not too much. The overall look is great. Post some more photos when you have a chance. ;)

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
That works well on you Jack! Very elegant and polished.

(I've held a few of those Adam hats in my hands annd I think they are some of the best out there).

I have a pair of cream colored linen pants with a tan stripe I need to hem - but I think they are going to be too big around the waist so they may just get sold on.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Fedora Lounge hat wearers ...please explain

Why oh why do so many of the FL hat wearer guys that have pix in their titfers all wear them front on? Never with a rakish air a la Humphrey Bogart? (see that avatar). I'm sorry to sound critical but a lot of the guys seem not to wear a hat with a certain elan. Sometimes they even look a size too small for their melons. Tell me I have got it all wrong....

cookie said:
Why oh why do so many of the FL hat wearer guys that have pix in their titfers all wear them front on? Never with a rakish air a la Humphrey Bogart? (see that avatar). I'm sorry to sound critical but a lot of the guys seem not to wear a hat with a certain elan. Sometimes they even look a size too small for their melons. Tell me I have got it all wrong....

You've got it all wrong. :p When I first put on a hat, it is straight on. Then you tilt it. Even if you start with it straight, it will get tilted with wear. :D
For a picture that you aren't taking of yourself, you just can't tell how it is on your head without advice. ;)
Good job with the ensemble Mojave.

Regards,

J

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Thanks, fellas! It does need to come in a pinch, Hem. It is a little too loose at the waist for a DB. Trouble is, my seamstress isn't quite good enough to handle that job, and I'm not sure where else to take it yet. I have to find a place down the hill (Palm Springs) that can do a good job on a jacket.

Mike, you raise a good point, and something I always forget about. Isn't there a site that someone posted that has a really excellent selection of pocket squares? I really should pick up a few different ones. What's the rule for matching colors with ties if the tie didn't come with one? Should you match the closest color in the tie? That could mean a lot of pocket squares!

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
The Handkerchief Ghost!

That suit you had on was far too nice to not have some dash in the pocket.

(Guess I should have been a pickpocket! :))

Haversack

One Too Many
Feng Li wrote earlier: "I think I see where we're getting confused. When you say orphan, do you mean orphan: a person who has lost his parents or orphan: frequently?"

Not to be piratical about it but, "Hardly ever".

Haversack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo