Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ricky Jackets

repeatclicks

Practically Family
Not gabardine, but actually a rare lined wool ricky jacket in cream with black lines and subtle flecking. Black buttons and waistband on the sides (literally ZERO fade to the black waistband, and no holes).

Just needs a dryclean (the spot looks worse in the photo but will come out). Cheap because I'm a small dude! Lovely shoulder padding on this one too.

Can't wait for autumn!

woolricky.jpg

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
mabybeee...it looks like there were only two high-dollar bidders duking it out with each other, sometimes auctions like these are flukes, because of that. I bet a deadstock version of this jacket would still go for over a grand. Is it as big as this one?

dakotanorth

Practically Family
the man, the myth, the legend

Snappygabs is known to actually buy stuff and sell it at a loss, just so he gets to be the guy selling it. Reputation!
Obviously that CAN'T be the case on this one. I thought about bidding on it too, until I checked on the last day! I have to admit though, it is a trophy piece for sure.
I'll never forget the one that got away, either. Like this one, but pink and gray, reversing to pink, size 44, and the final bidding price?
$175.
I still remember the username of the guy that sniped me too.

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
Yeah, the guy behind Snappygabs has a degree in marketing, and he really applies those principles to the vintage business. I actually really like him a lot, he's a super nice guy who genuinely loves vintage, and is really cool to work with.

DoubleXX

One of the Regulars
I was going to bid on this jkt as well....black argyles are among the rarest of the rare 50s gab jkt's. However, this one was a bit too short for me. $1100 is a bit steep, but it would easily go for double that in Japan.

repeatclicks

Practically Family
Guttersnipe said:
Yeah, the guy behind Snappygabs has a degree in marketing, and he really applies those principles to the vintage business. I actually really like him a lot, he's a super nice guy who genuinely loves vintage, and is really cool to work with.

So basically he is the Stringer Bell of mens 50s clothing. Amazing.

repeatclicks

Practically Family
Guttersnipe said:
mabybeee I bet a deadstock version of this jacket would still go for over a grand. Is it as big as this one?

Yes Siree, a large size, not a single flaw. I love that different companies made the same damn clothes back then, especially the fleck and argyle stuff.

argyleredricky.jpg

argyleredricky2.jpg

repeatclicks

Practically Family
dakotanorth said:
Snappygabs is known to actually buy stuff and sell it at a loss, just so he gets to be the guy selling it. Reputation!

He didn't make a loss on that black gab shirt you sold with the red and white hunter/dog theme! I was a little annoyed when I saw that, if I am honest.

He does have a sweet reputation though for the good gear.

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
repeatclicks said:
So basically he is the Stringer Bell of mens 50s clothing. Amazing.

Hahaha! Yes, he's the Stringer Bell of 50's vintage. I bet he'd get a kick out of hearing that!

repeatclicks said:
Yes Siree, a large size, not a single flaw. I love that different companies made the same damn clothes back then, especially the fleck and argyle stuff.

Oh wow point taken, that jacket is CLEAN! No doubt somebody would get top dollar for it, probably more than what snappygabs just got for his. I suspect a lot of times things were made by the same manufactures and labeled regionally (they call it re-labeling now).

repeatclicks

Practically Family
DoubleXX said:
-Is that your jacket? Is it a large or XL? Do you want to sell it?

Even though argyle isn't my thing, I WISH that was my jacket. Sadly, it belongs to a guy who I buy from. He is holding on to it for now, but you may see it on eBay sooner than later. Trust me, I asked. :eusa_doh:

Besides, it wouldn't fit me anyway as I do believe it is a large.

dakotanorth

Practically Family
repeatclicks said:
He didn't make a loss on that black gab shirt you sold with the red and white hunter/dog theme! I was a little annoyed when I saw that, if I am honest.

He does have a sweet reputation though for the good gear.

What? When did he sell it? I never saw it turn up on Ebay.

repeatclicks

Practically Family
The amount of gear that he has bought at $1000 + is insane. Buco D's, Grizzlies, Car Club jackets, makes you wonder!

I have a friend that has been to his house before, and he said there are rooms full of rare gear on rails, just sitting there! He didn't get to have a good look for long though!

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
repeatclicks said:
The amount of gear that he has bought at $1000 + is insane. Buco D's, Grizzlies, Car Club jackets, makes you wonder!

I have a friend that has been to his house before, and he said there are rooms full of rare gear on rails, just sitting there! He didn't get to have a good look for long though!
I've known Brian for I guess over 15 years now, since he lived in NY before he was "Snappygabs". We've been to each other's homes, etc. He does have a room with rails full of priceless gab jackets and shirts...almost museum like.
If he spends $1000 + on something, he must know that he'll sell it for more. I've sold/ traded stuff with him over the years that he resells for double than what I could get since he's the most trusted name in the biz!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24