Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roadtrip

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

A guy I used to work with had an exchange student from Germany and his family rented a conversion van and took her on the great circle route of USA stuff. Wichita to Mount Rushmore to Yellowstone to Salt Lake City to the Redwoods to Venice Beach to Disney to Grand Canyon to Mesa Verde to the Alamo and back to Wichita. This is from memory and is mainly a good guess, but you get the idea. This would be a great road trip.

Later

Edward

Bartender
skyvue said:
In 1992, I spent four months traversing the U.S., traveling 22,000 miles in visiting all 48 contiguous states and traveling the length of Route 66 from the shores of Lake Michigan in Chicago to the Santa Monica pier. I avoided the interstates and fast food chains, sticking to small roads and seeking out venerable mom-and-pop eateries, old-school roadside attractions, minor league baseball games, and drive-in and classic movie theatres.

It was an amazing experience, one that has colored and impacted my life ever since. Rarely a day goes by that I don't think about it, and I would happily hit the road again at the drop of a hat.

I dream of taking a holiday like that..... in a suitably vintage car. Maybe one day.....

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I would love to drive across France, Switzerland, Italy and Austria in a Morgan +8, E-Type or Austin-Healey 3000.

One day!

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
If you never got to see Touchdown Jesus, well...
inter.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80