Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roger Waters - "The Wall" Tour 2010

MattJH

One Too Many
Anybody else attending any of these shows? As the public on-sale date loomed closer, I checked out every presale available for the Philadelphia shows on Monday, November 8th and Tuesday, November 9th at the Wachovia Center, but I hated how I didn't know exactly where the seats would be. Couple that with the exorbitant prices, and I bowed out, opting instead to try my luck during today's public on-sale at 10:00am.

I began searching for tickets for both shows immediately when 10:00am hit, but didn't like what I was being given. Sections 1, 2, and 3 on the floor are against the stage respectively. Sections 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 are farther back, and I kept hitting those. At the nearly $280 cost per ticket on the floor, I was unwilling to settle for anything but the best.

At 10:05am, I had essentially given up, as I began getting offers for upper level seating in the club and nosebleed sections. Then, VIOLA! Out of nowhere, I'm offered the FLOOR 2 section, which is DEAD-CENTER RIGHT AGAINST THE STAGE! I immediately snatched those two tickets up. I will now be watching The Wall performed live dead center in the 17th row! I cannot believe it.

I saw Roger Waters for the In The Flesh tour in 2000 as well as the Dark Side Of The Moon tour several years later. This, though, has the potential to blow both of those shows out of the water. I can't wait to see for myself!

17th row dead center!

Ahhhhhhhhhh!

MattJH

One Too Many
One of the best things about this show, aside from Roger Waters performing The Wall album live, in its entirety, is that there is no opening act. It is an evening with Roger Waters, period.

I'm hoping that after the album is complete, he'll pull out a few old classics. Perhaps him and an acoustic performing "If," or something equally old but fantastic. I'm going to purposely avoid any posted setlists for shows prior to the Philadelphia dates so that I can retain the element of surprise.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
I remember when "The Wall" album came out. The halls of my college dormitory echoed Pink Floyd from one floor to the next, save those progressive souls who were blaring The Flying Lizards or the B-52's (though the Floydites tended to have more powerful stereo systems).

Until I moved into the quiet top floor of a fraternity division I could hardly play my own records in the evenings, My Victrola Florenza being drowned out by the electric guitar din.

I never much cared for the music the first time it came 'round, and can hardly believe that it is now considered "vintage". Alas, time passes, and the records in question are now older than were the pre-war swing discs when I first discovered them.

Sic Transit and all that rot!

I am glad that you are so passionate about this music. As I recall, the original roadshow of "The Wall" was accounted to be little short of spectacular. I'm quite certain that you will not be dissappointed. You have indeed managed to book some exceptional seats. For this show, one wouldn't think want to be any closer than the tenth row, I think, lest one lose the vantage of the entire scene. Seventeenth row center sounds about perfect.

Now if only I could find tickets to a Whiteman appearance, perhaps at a Keith-Orpheum house. Heck, I'd even darken the door of a T. O. B. A. house (would they let me in) to hear those twanging banjos and moaning saxophones!

Bustercat

A-List Customer
Wow, very cool.
Love old floyd, but the wall is one of my favorites.
It dates me as a youngster, but my bro and sis loved it when I was young and they were teens. I loved the trial, but was forbidden from seeing the film —too disturbing.
Finally got around to it in High school and played that album for a year during a tough time in my life.
If you can tell a story about about how tough it is to be a wealthy rockstar, and make it poignant and heartbreaking and able to reach your audience's feelings of alienation and detachement... that's good damn writing.

Wish I could afford that, enjoy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael