Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott goes after the Restoration Hardware crowd

DougC

Practically Family
Why buy a schott? I sent two emails asking which jacket is most similar to the restoration jacket and got no response. I'll buy a Vanson or an Aero for the same money. Sorry Schott.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Why buy a schott? I sent two emails asking which jacket is most similar to the restoration jacket and got no response. I'll buy a Vanson or an Aero for the same money. Sorry Schott.

Did you check your "spam" folder? Often emails end up in there.

Yeah, Schott customer service can be a hit and miss. Sometimes I had never gotten an answer to simple inquiries such as sizing and at other times, they were perfectly polite, helpful and willing to discuss the most trivial details about their jackets. Can't understand why's that so...

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I've had better service from Schott than almost any other maker except Johnson Leathers. Gail has always returned emails promptly with information and has even had photos of jackets taken for me because I wasn't happy with the website photos.

Bruce Kent

Familiar Face
Still looking for an XL in brown if anyone is looking to sell. EBay had a black one and I almost pulled the trigger but holding out hope for a brown one!

Also interested in a Belstaff Hero in XXL or XXXL in original Bison if anyone is looking to unload one!

GregO

One of the Regulars
I've had better service from Schott than almost any other maker except Johnson Leathers. Gail has always returned emails promptly with information and has even had photos of jackets taken for me because I wasn't happy with the website photos.

Gail retired. I agree -- she was awesome. The replacement....well, is no Gail.

Bruce, did you try filmjackets.com forum? Occasionally, a Hero turns up for sale there, as it is a very popular jacket on the forum. One in XXL was sold not long ago, for around 1000 bux. The thread's still there. Didn't last 24 hours... Wouldn't be such a bad idea to make a WTB thread there, too, perhaps the bloke who bought the XXL got tired of it and want's to pass it on. Be on the lookout on Italian eBay. I know it's a risky business but I've seen these jackets appearing on eBay.it quite often. Good luck.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Still looking for an XL in brown if anyone is looking to sell. EBay had a black one and I almost pulled the trigger but holding out hope for a brown one!

Also interested in a Belstaff Hero in XXL or XXXL in original Bison if anyone is looking to unload one!

There's one on ebay if you type "Schott 585". I think the seller offers an XL.

By the way, usaleatherco seller on eBay could perhaps help you out with that Schott you're looking for...

Gail is still just as active and helpful on the Schott forum as she ever was, answering questions, dating jackets... She is awesome indeed. :D

Bruce Kent

Familiar Face
Bruce, did you try filmjackets.com forum? Occasionally, a Hero turns up for sale there, as it is a very popular jacket on the forum. One in XXL was sold not long ago, for around 1000 bux. The thread's still there. Didn't last 24 hours... Wouldn't be such a bad idea to make a WTB thread there, too, perhaps the bloke who bought the XXL got tired of it and want's to pass it on. Be on the lookout on Italian eBay. I know it's a risky business but I've seen these jackets appearing on eBay.it quite often. Good luck.

I wish! EVERY lead I have followed leads to that site. I've been trying to become a member there for the past YEAR and a HALF. NO ONE is monitoring the site anymore. A few others here in this forum have tried as well. It's sad because that site has doe FANTASTIC jackets up often! It kills me that I can't reply!!!! Lol

Yeah, turns out they've stopped approving registrations which, for whatever reason, wasn't set to automatic. Took me a couple of tries to get approved, and that was years ago, when the site was still active. Jesus, what's with the jacket people - those other guys don't even take public domain email addresses.

Bruce, I can put up a WTB thread for you there and link it to your mail, if you'd like, mate.

Bruce Kent

Familiar Face
Yeah, turns out they've stopped approving registrations which, for whatever reason, wasn't set to automatic. Took me a couple of tries to get approved, and that was years ago, when the site was still active. Jesus, what's with the jacket people - those other guys don't even take public domain email addresses.

Bruce, I can put up a WTB thread for you there and link it to your mail, if you'd like, mate.

Great, thanks!!!! I sent you a PM!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24