Schott P213 measurements/fit check

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by MegaLARP, Oct 16, 2019.

1. MegaLARP

MegaLARP Familiar Face

I was gifted this and wanted to know how it fits. I feel like it's not the best, definitely a lot of extra fabric below the chest. Usually 42/44 chest and wear 32 pants, 5'11 190lbs so I was kinda hoping for more taper here? But I'm also new to this and have no idea if I'm chasing the right stuff. Last pic is me holding the waist together more like how I feel it should be

It's a large, and it's measuring in at
    19in shoulder to shoulder (seam)
    22.5in pit to pit
    21in waist
    25in back
    26im front (I think)
    Sleeve 26.25in

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    handymike, samo, Boyo and 2 others like this.
  2. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Man it’s a nice jacket and the fit looks good! Schott does seem to favor a boxier cut in their cross zips but this doesn’t look excessively so. I’m not familiar with this model but it looks good from here. I don’t think you could size down as the chest and shoulders would be too tight.

MegaLARP likes this.
  3. MegaLARP

MegaLARP Familiar Face

Nice, I was hoping I was just being an idiot.

The lambskin is really nice feeling, I'm almost afraid to wear it to work.

4. jpk_NJ

jpk_NJ A-List Customer

If you're set on Schott and this particular model, than Large is it. Medium will not work for you. I'm a similar height /waist, a bit lighter though at 160 and Schott's just don't get along with me. I need the shoulder/lat width of their Large but the midsection/waist of their Medium which is just too narrow across the shoulders. Drop this one in a lukewarm bath, then wear it 20min / lay flat to dry and you'll be good to go.

MegaLARP likes this.
  5. Guppy

Guppy Call Me a Cab

I think it's fine. Wear it and enjoy it.

MegaLARP likes this.
  6. MegaLARP

MegaLARP Familiar Face

Is the thing gonna spit a buncha dye out and change colors?

7. I think it does look pretty good for a Schott fit. I hardly ever had much luck. Often too short in the sleeves or body. On you this looks nice..!!

MegaLARP likes this.
  8. MegaLARP

MegaLARP Familiar Face

Are there brands that typically have more tapered fits, or is it kind of a by-jacket thing?

9. Carlos840

Carlos840 Call Me a Cab

Vanson is more tapered and better made IMO.
    I have the same problem you have with Schott, if they fit me at the shoulders they fit the waist like a bag.

MegaLARP likes this.