Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

score at the thrift store

shamus

Suspended
Ok, it's not a perfect score as I was looking for a 40's suit, but I did find a fantastic early 60's, late 50's three button in a greenish wool with pants. It's actually a little big on me which is surprising as I'm a 44 long.
thin lapels but not too mod looking. Metal talon zipper, no cuffs.

Will look great with some of my short brim hats. When I'm feeling rat-packish.

Made by PBM clothes, The Oxford Shop Montpelier.. anyone heard of this brand?

Also picked up a great blue over coat. too small for me, but vintage 40's! Gabardine wool and double breasted.... it looks so great.

I'll be selling that one as it doesn't fit.

so in a way a double score. But not what I was actually looking for.

shamus

Suspended
I"m not sure on the size yet of the over coat. I haven't looked for it yet.

But today I finally found a great vintage suit. I'll post pics shortly.
Double breasted, in a tanish-toupe. Classic 40's look, union tag dated 49. High waisted pants, with a metal zipper not button fly. Almost perfect, looks like two small sangs, but I can live with those.

Just need to lengthen the arms a tad and maybe loosen the waist or loose about 5 pounds. (it has room for alterations, but someone cut out a bit of the fabric in the "extra" area of the pants so I might have to loose the 5 pounds. It looks alot like Roots brown suit.

Also picked up a great pair of Allen Edmounds but they're too big and will go to pay for the suit.

shamus

Suspended
Here's the new suit. Made by Maybrooke and sold exclusively at MAY Co. Los Angeles. Not dated but the union tag has 49'. Just need to get the sleeves out a bit. Has a double snap front I've not seen before and a metal zipper. Most likey the suit's a 44 regular.

The Hat is a vintage Borsalino from my grandfather. The tie is a vintage 40's also.

1940suit.jpg

shamus

Suspended
Got it covered Matt,

I just got a new french cuff white shirt and cuff links.. now the only thing I'm missing is the pocket square....

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Linen

I can set you up with a white linen handkerchief, Shamus. That's a GREAT suit and I think it fits you well. Why lengthen the cuffs? They look about right to me, and the pants - no break! Perf! You're a handsome chap in a swellegant suit.

Biltmore Bob, have a look at my sig...

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
Naw, I thought the suit looked a little tight. :)

Oh, the ugly thing, yeah. I had him pictured differently in my minds eye, didn't realize that he looked like his avatar. Just tring to loosten up, the hurricane thing and all, you know?

MK, it's all a joke.

Scotty, love the Indian. Look at my signature. Lincoln wasn't my favorite President.

Wait till you get a load of me...Pure D Ugly!

Shamus, you really ain't that ugly, forgive me, brother.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21