Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scored a pair of Edwin jeans!

MillersCrossing

Familiar Face
Woohoo! Scored my first pair of Edwin jeans... I got a pair of ED-71's - regular, mid rise, slim fit, button fly with red selvage. One of my clients imports them for his store and I took em as part payment for some work I did for him.

I can NOT believe how heavy duty these jeans are! Having worn regular Levi's all my life I am amazed at the gauge of this denim. Its incredible. The fit is also damn near perfect, just have to cinch the waist in a bit with a belt (not complaining about that). The turn ups at the bottom are quite wide but for jeans like this its not a problem I feel.

Fantastic product - I hope to get another pair down the road but no doubt these will last forever.

Some pics... jacket is by Brit company Davida and shoes are my well worn Red Wings.

Edwins_zps4ef586ce.jpg
[/URL]

Edwin2_zps63d4c247.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:

schitzo

Suspended
cool, i saw a pic of these after a few months wear and a wash (i think it was on here?) and they had aged beautifully. Doubtless you'll never look at those levis the same way again

Alistar79

Familiar Face
Wore my ED-39 regular for the first time last night. Walked a good couple of miles around town in them and thought i'd made a mistake to wear them on such a mild night but ended up on the dance floor later on and they felt great can't wait to see how they develop over the next few months.

MillersCrossing

Familiar Face
Took a shower in them today (as recommended) then hung them out to dry. Wasn't sure if I was supposed to shower in them inside out or not? The instructions didn't say. Just put them on now to wear em in a bit while they're still wet. Can't believe how great they fit, I could live in them. Only problem, as ever, is the leg length. Wish clothing companies catered more to us shorter stouter fellas!

MillersCrossing

Familiar Face
Second wear after the rinsing out to get rid of excess dye. May have been some shrinkage but its hard to say. They are a bit wrinkled now. Whatcha think... too much cuff?

013_zps3ef1b25f.jpg

011_zpsba186eee.jpg

One with boots.... its tough being short *sigh*

005_zpsf43294bc.jpg

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Discovered that there's a shop in Glasgow's St Vincent Street that sells all sorts of Edwins. Really nice quality and pretty reasonable entry price - £120 for a solid-feeling pair with a nice yellow and red selvedge - with some discontinued Japanese-made ones for £185.

Xenophon

One of the Regulars
I think the cuff length on the second set of pics looks ok, maybe it's the picture. On the first pics it's too much imo. You can either double cuff them or get them modified, if you look on the web you'll find companies who do it on an authentic Union Special hemming machine. Iron heart UK offer this service also for 'external' pairs. Or just have it taken care of by a local tailor if you don't insist on total authenticity and if the denim isn't too heavy. After the first soak they should normally shrink measurably -if unsanforized, which not all selvedge denim is-. I don't know the Edwin brand, own a number of Iron heart, Flat head, Big John, Momotaro and Samurai jeans. Expensive to purchase but once you've tried -and broken them in- those pants you'll likely never go back to the usual suspects. I'm convinced that if one takes longevity and quality into account the Japanese products is actually cheaper in the long run, certainly if you do like I do and await internet shop sales periods. Strangely enough even the really heavy denim is not uncomfortable to wear in summer once broken in. I own a pair of 31 oz selvedge denim -how I suffered breaking those in or even just closing the button fly in the first weeks- and regularly wear them now in Delhi even when it's 35 centigrade or more outside.

Pity that my favourite jeans shop (Blue in Green) is located in NY and customs tariffs and VAT make ordering from them so expensive it becomes ridiculous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo