Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Screen Names...

KR

Familiar Face
Thanks MK, glad to be here!

I do play trombone though I primarily play the clarinet. I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m actually the leader of my own swing orchestra and have performed at various functions.

The event on the Queen Mary sounds like a lot of fun, hopefully I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ll be able to attend.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Paddy Middleton

I tried to think up something clever, but just fell back on my Mark 1 name, which everyone knows me as, so why change the name I am known as. Just call me old fashioned!! ;)

HaraldTheSwede

Familiar Face
I'm a total film noir nut, and from Sweden. The Killers is one of my favorite noirs. In it Burt Lancaster plays a man called 'The Swede'. And Harald of course if my first name.

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
shoeshine 25 cents

I shined shoes for 4 years in my younger days and use "the shoeshine boy" when I do comedy...with my shoe box...the green face was a joke I pulled on the shaving forums...

mark the shoeshine boy

Mr Nick

New in Town
Mr. Nick

Mine's a lot like Mr. Jason. Nick is my name and a few years ago it seemed everyone started referring to me with the "Mr." attached. I'd like to think it was because they thought I had culture and poise but more likely I resemble some ol' codger!lol
It is true that my body seems, at times, to be much older than my "earth years":rolleyes:
Wasn't it Mickey Mantle that said, "If I'd known I was gonna live this long I'da taken better care of myself!:eusa_doh:

G. Fink-Nottle

One of the Regulars
Duh, I meant Wodehouse.

dunce.gif

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
As a hobby I write mystery stories and Detective Jack Scorpion is my perpetual hero of choice.

For AIM and almost every other website I join, I use the username "Henkion," basically a meaningless jumble of letters that also coincides with the name of a character I used to write about, Zeke Henkion, way back when in the 7th grade.

Being a huge noir fan I saw it more appropriate to use Jack Scorpion instead. Maybe I regret it a little, because "henkion" is really my online identity.

I also love the name Jack. I love the name Jonathon and Jack.

My real name is Zachary Mann. The last name is shortened from Mankovsky by choice of my grandfather in Cold War times. My favorite anagrams of it are:

HAZY NARC MAN
ZANY ARCH MAN
ANARCHY MAN Z
CZAR YAH MANN
A CZAR N' A HYMN
HYMAN N' A CZAR

I'm partial to the last because Hyman was my grandfather's name.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
I've always been into WW2 history and the 30's and 40's in general.

"Nick Danger" is a surreal and very funny fictional film noir P.I. character created by the Firesign Theater. So I represent Nick during his fictional career in the Army Air Forces.
Thus encompassing a lot of my interests into this screen name.
And "Major Danger" does have a nice ring to it,....no? ;)

Maj.Nick Danger said:
"Nick Danger" is a surreal and very funny fictional film noir P.I. character created by the Firesign Theater. So I represent Nick during his fictional career in the Army Air Forces. ;)
=============
Out of the fog, into the smog
relentlessly, ruthlessly (I wonder where Ruth is?)

Who am I and why am I here?

John is my first name, after my mother's brother who died fairly young.
In describes a location or situtation.
Covina is a fairly small suburban town in California, in the San Gabriel Valley, as opposed to San Fernando Valley. Maybe 10 miles East of Pasadena California, most noted for the Rose Parade.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I started using Pilgrim as a CB handle in the 70's. Picked it because it's easy to understand - and it's a bit of homage to the Duke, whose movies I enjoyed. He actually didn't call anyone "Pilgrim" very often in films, but it did get associated with him. Every now and then I run into a Duke fan who immediately guesses the source of the name.

Interestingly (and sadly) enough, he died on my birthday in 1979. :(

And it seems to me that the handle I used on the CB serves about the same purpose on forums - so it's an appropriate use as far as I'm concerned. I use the same name on most forums. :D

Barbigirl

Practically Family
G. Fink-Nottle said:
Gussie Fink-Nottle is a recurring character in P.G. Wodehouse's Jeeves and Wooster novels.

I've always found Gussie Fink-Nottle to be Wooster's most hilarious character.

LOL, the first time I saw your screen name was not too long after watching the entire Jeeves and Wooster on DVD.....my reaction was, "OH NO! Not Gussie!"

Barbigirl

Practically Family
not Mattel

Barbigirl is a pet name/inside joke formed from a variant of "Roller-girl". If you don't know where that is from, I think I will just let you research it that on your own. ;) Maintcoder didn't recollect right off where it came from, I found that very funny.

By the way, my name really is Barbi. When I was 2 the house my parents moved into had a neighbor girl who was my babysitter. Her name was also Barbara, so they started calling me Barbi, 33 years later I am still called Barbi. It works for me.

maintcoder

A-List Customer
It is just a shortened version of what I do for a living... a maintenance programmer. All the actual job titles (software analyst, software engineer, support technician, support analyst, etc.) seem to miss the mark that I regularly troubleshoot application problems by digging through code to find the bug and eventually write the fix to resolve the issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran