Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seal Perry 42-16175-P A2

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The most commonly seen Perry A2s from the 42-16175-P contract are russet. This one was made from seal horsehide. Like many Aero jackets the base colour is russet and it has been sprayed with a seal top coat. It is not a depot re-spray job! It has all the features typical of this contract:

A collar stand.
Short, rounded collar points.
Soft and shallow curves to the pocket flaps, with stitch lines which are spaced farther than typical from the edge of the flap.
A three-piece inner wind flap which is found on some Perry jackets.
Open box-stitch reinforcment at top corners of pockets.
A brass Conmar zipper.

This jacket is a size 46 and is in all original, very well preserved condition. I have included some pics of my near mint size 44 russet Perry so you can see the contrast in the leather. It's a really comfortable jacket to wear. Some photos were taken in natural light and others with a flash.

017-7.jpg

022-5.jpg

023-9.jpg

024-8.jpg

030-2.jpg

021-6.jpg

025-8.jpg

031-5.jpg

036-4.jpg

037-5.jpg

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
If I didn't know better I'd think that the label had been moved... ;-)

Thanks for the image. I stand corrected and can now say that I've seen one centred (every other one that I have seen to date - including the four 23377s and a 16175P that I've owned - have had the label centred (i.e. with respect to the rear seam in the collar), but with the hanger offset.

You can see what I mean in Andrew's post.

You have a rare example of a Perry there, make no mistake, in more ways that one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff