Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Searching for my next hat

Edm1

Familiar Face
I like the look of the first if I look hard enough. The color makes it hard for me to see the crease.

Last edited:

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's very difficult to buy a hat without trying it on because of first, the exact fit (the makers seem to vary), and second, you just never know how a certain style will look until you see it in the mirror. Of the above photos, I like the Fed IV on you. Have you checked out the Stetson Premier Stratoliner? Delmonico has a sale on them right now and they're very nice.

stratcat

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the comments so far gentlemen, keep them coming:)
I like the look of the first if I look hard enough. The color makes it hard for me to see the crease.
Yes, sorry, the photo's were just quick snaps, I think my avatar shows the fed creases a little better, it's really just a simple centre dent.

It's very difficult to buy a hat without trying it on because of first, the exact fit (the makers seem to vary), and second, you just never know how a certain style will look until you see it in the mirror. Of the above photos, I like the Fed IV on you. Have you checked out the Stetson Premier Stratoliner? Delmonico has a sale on them right now and they're very nice.
Thanks Bob, I live so far away from a hat shop it might as well be on the other side of Mars! OK, a bit of an exageration, but despite there once being a massive hat industry in my once home town of Stockport, the UK is almost bereft of a 'proper' hat shop. Although I noticed yesterday that I can buy a nice wooly alpaca hat from my local market[huh]
I'll definitely take a look at the Stratoliner though, thanks.

Last edited:

beetleything

Familiar Face
That Fed IV looks great!!

I like it so much that i am going to have to get one.

I think another in Moonstone is a good idea.

I like the Campdraft too ( like a Stratoliner) & that in Moonstone would be nice.

tuco1963

One of the Regulars
buying a new akubra fedora

hi gang
im buying a new fedora for myself for christmas from everything austrailian .
im looking at the safari hat which is a taller coober peady but with a shorter brim has anyone had any experiance with this model?
also if you were looking for a new akubra fedora (price doesnt matter ) what would it be and why?
thanks
charlie

Bad Co

One of the Regulars
I have well over 100 Akubra's several in each model and color
It's my belief that they are the best production hat made
You will not regret the purchase
My personal favorites are the Sydney , Squatter , Federation, Adventurer , Campdraft , Bobby, & Sombrero in that order
Or the one that's on my head at the time
Enjoy

tuco1963

One of the Regulars
im still leaning toward the safari and getting a tear drop pinch front bash on it .
also since im going to make it my everyday hat im getting it with a kangaroo thong chin strap lol (that doesnt even sound right together ):eeek: safari.jpg

hi gang
im buying a new fedora for myself for christmas from everything austrailian .
im looking at the safari hat which is a taller coober peady but with a shorter brim has anyone had any experiance with this model?
also if you were looking for a new akubra fedora (price doesnt matter ) what would it be and why?
thanks
charlie

I'd like to try the Pro 30X to see how the beaver fur blend is done by Akubra. They make a good using hat without the beaver, so with should be interesting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner