Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seersucker on sale...

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not vintage and after the season, just a JCP Stafford sportcoat, but the tag said $154, cut to $76, so I grabbed it. Got to the register and found it was cut again to $28.

Can't beat a new jacket for 30 bucks.

Edward

Bartender
Great buy! I was eyeing the September sales myself and looking at linen suits at a fraction of their original price..... decided in the end (especially as money was tight) to wait and pick up a vintage repro at a later stage, but maybe in future I might opt for something like that in a sale. Especially if 30s style high waists come back. :) That seems to me to be the big difference between contemporary suits and 30s / 40s style - it's not hard at all to find jackets that look pretty much right these days (if you're not too fussy about the armholes, of course ;) ), but the trousers seem to be the killer.

I'd love to see some photos of your seersucker - you certainly cant pass it up at that price, and if you dress right with it, who but a handfull of vintage experts is ever going to notice anyhow? :)

BrotherBob

Familiar Face
Me, too!

I've looked, until I gave up, for a reasonably priced seersucker jacket. I even had my Nazgul searching Middle Earth for me. Just about gave up and probably would have if the Oaks Mall in Gainesville, FL didn't have an entrance at JCP's.

Boom!

Hit the same sale.

Guys in shorts and jogging shoes on Friday nights can't figure out why women half my age talk to ME.

Dumbasses.

"Every girl CRAZY 'bout a sharp dressed man."

carebear

As requested.

MyBuddhaBelly.jpg

DoctorCool.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Looks good! I'd try linen with it, seems like a logical option for warm weather. I must declare my ignorance (if it's a GA look you're after) of whether dyed linen was available or common back in the day, but from a purely aesthetic POV, a nice pair of navy (or another shade of blue) linen slacks would go very well with the jacket (assuming my eyes and this monitor are correct!).

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
You may remember the little Joseph A Bank kerfuffle I had a couple of months ago. The suit they advertised online was not what they sent. When I returned it (for a graciuosly given refund) I would up buying two pairs of nice linen trousers, one natural and one olive. They came in very handy during the very warm fall we had.

BrotherBob

Familiar Face
Here it is...

...with Dad on a beautiful day in Hoggetowne. He's gone "round the bend", but he looks good for 82. He's pretty good physically, but can't find his ass with both hands.

l_a7d5767fb363fbbab59688ce50d312ca.jpg

I've wanted a seersucker jacket since I had a suit in elementary school in Delaware. Go Hens! I was warned to stay away from West Chester, PA because that's where the Zoot-Suiters were.

l_b2de933e98fbbd42cf2deacc464ce8c8.jpg

Shirt and shoes by Daddyos.com

Elvis died. I got the hot bottoms.

l_472e071edb6602663f12c0417a0b6877.jpg

Jovan

Suspended
BrotherBob said:
I've looked, until I gave up, for a reasonably priced seersucker jacket. I even had my Nazgul searching Middle Earth for me. Just about gave up and probably would have if the Oaks Mall in Gainesville, FL didn't have an entrance at JCP's.

Boom!

Hit the same sale.

Guys in shorts and jogging shoes on Friday nights can't figure out why women half my age talk to ME.

Dumbasses.

"Every girl CRAZY 'bout a sharp dressed man."
Welcome, fellow Gainesvillite. Yes, there is a dearth of decent menswear here. What this place needs is a good haberdashery and MTM suit place.

Where is it you go that you find girls talking to you anyway? I need to break out the tie and clean pressed shirt more often...

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
carebear said:
Okay, besides khakis and jeans, what other trouser choices would be good?
Linen or cotton trousers in white, cream, tan, blue (in shades from powder to navy) and grey (in shades from light to charcoal).

And, don't forget..........

untitled-13.jpg

BrotherBob

Familiar Face
Javon

Thanks.

I got a purple and black two-tone jacket at Soul Train before they stopped selling pimp clothes and started selling the crap they have now. Men should always wear a collar, unless it's a new, solid teeshirt with a jacket. Anything else is only suitable for yardwork or trips to Lowe's. My Mom passed away in July. She was bedridden for the last 18 months, but she would have gotten up and slapped the bejesus out of me if I came over in just a teeshirt.

I got a hounds tooth and black two-tone (real 40's lookin') and a dark rainbow brocade tux jacket (Bill Haley would be proud) at Burdines, believe it or not. I got a tie-dyed swallowtail tux at the Spring Arts Festival. The more wear-'em-to-work stuff I got at Penney's They usually have some nice different stuff like seersucker, linen, etc. I even found an orange and blue, leather and wool 100th Anniversary Louisville Slugger jacket.

Most shirts I wear at night are from daddyos.com. TheFedoraStore is the best place for hats that I've found. If you get a shirt from Daddyos, buy bigger. 90% are made to wear outside your pants.

lb4.jpg

nst10.jpg

nst2.jpg

tiki.jpg

rlleo.jpg

GearHead

One of the Regulars
I've bought fro Daddy O's before, they have some nice stuff but I found that I had to go smaller on there clothes. Weird.

Erick

Mid-fogey

Practically Family
Tomasso...

Tomasso said:
Linen or cotton trousers in white, cream, tan, blue (in shades from powder to navy) and Gray (in shades from light to charcoal).

...is right on as far as I'm concerned.

I usually wear my blue seersucker with navy or light gray slacks. I wear my tan seersucker with tan.

I'm really surprised they stocked any seersucker in Anchorage.

carebear

Mid-fogey said:
...is right on as far as I'm concerned.

I usually wear my blue seersucker with navy or light gray slacks. I wear my tan seersucker with tan.

I'm really surprised they stocked any seersucker in Anchorage.

We're not that far North, heck most of the summer we sweltered in the 70s. lol

Besides, it's JCPenney, they stock the "Northwest" stores all the same for efficiency sake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot