Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Short Sleeved Dress Shirts With a Suit?

Flitcraft

One Too Many
CHECK list:

1. Short sleeve shirt
2. Pocket protector
3. Pants @ "flood" length
4. Corfam lace up shoes.short SLEEVE shirt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. Industrial strength white socks.
6. Extra strength Vitalis (Incl. 60 sec. workout)

WOW! Now thats swingin'!:eek:

Jovan

Suspended
MVC-016F.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
It actually doesn't look that bad. Maybe the silk knit tie rescues it. [huh]

MVC-016F.jpg

Still, don't wear it with a jacket.

Spats McGee

One Too Many
MrBern said:
B.B. King in the `50s on stage . . . .
Jovan said:
Eat your heart out, Angus Young.

Well, I stand corrected. :eusa_clap I guess I I should have said, "if the event is dressy enough to warrant a jacket & tie, it warrants a fully-sleeved shirt. (Unless you're Angus Young or B.B. King, of course.)"

Jovan

Suspended
The picture was tongue in cheek. I didn't really think much of the knit tie until now, just that I needed "narrow black tie" and didn't yet have a regular one. Thank you, though.

donCarlos

Practically Family
I´ve determined the "public" opinion on that yesterday... I was shopping with my girlfriend and I liked some shirts and then I noticed that they are short sleeved. Her reaction was "And what? I like them better then the long sleeved ones... Who cares, it´s not visible when you wear a suit".

LuckyKat

Practically Family
Just because it has a collar, doesn't make it a dress shirt...all the pictures posted are modern...that should give you the answer...

PenMan

Familiar Face
So have we established a rule yet? After all, I come here to discover and conform to the rules. Unless told otherwise by loungers, I'm going to try to find a short sleeve shirt (not sure I have any) and wear it with a tie. In fact, if I am told otherwise, then I really will do it. The ONLY decent argument I can think of against it is that it won't show any cuff under the jacket, which is even more problematic now that shorter (i.e. correct length) jacket sleeves are in style again. Maybe I can get a piece of cloth stitched to my suitcoat sleeves to give the appearance of a l/s shirt for when I have the jacket on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner