Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should Men Wear Bracelets ?

sundancejd

New in Town
Do it. I started with an obsession with Navajo cuffs, which spread to beaded bracelets. I now wear a simple (OP) Rolex with veg tanned strap on my left wrist, and stack the cuffs/bracelets on my right.

Brandon Key

New in Town
Coming from someone who appreciates Vivienne Westwood I take this as a THUMBS UP. Thank You for commenting.
Didn't expect to see Vivienne Westwood mentioned in this forum, lol.

Also wear whatever jewelry you think fits your style, as long as it isn't tacky.

Old Mariner

One of the Regulars

Ok...

Some of the stone ones I made, some were bought. The metal bracelets were from two separate sellers (hence the different design styles). Sometimes, with the stone ones I made, I will take them apart and redesign a new one. 20200603_071116.jpg 20200603_071128.jpg 20200603_071134.jpg 20200603_071202.jpg 20200603_071312.jpg 20200603_071454.jpg

DanielPetmr

New in Town
Some men find their advancing age "liberating". That's just fine by me. I, on the other hand, find excessive jewelry heavy and cumbersome.

In one of the Miami Vice episodes where an older actor by the name of Jon Polito played a character named "El Gato" Being Latino and heavyset, the man wore a large number of gold chains and what appeared to be a Mercury Cougar hood ornament on a chain as a medallion. Polito was portraying a heavy importer of Peruvian Flake "Marching Powder". His wardrobe consisted of gauche animal prints on velour robes, along with many rings on his fingers and thumbs atop his gloved hands. Using alcohol to excess, his corpulent, obese figure, along with his pencil-thin mustache, created a caricature that I can't seem to get out of my mind.

While it may not be entirely correct, it serves to remind me of how "oily" this mode of dress makes me feel when I see older men with excessive ornamentation Picture Bracelet.

Then again, it's just my opinion.
Where do you guys like to go buy leather/silver jewelry like necklaces/bracelets, etc. not the expensive stuff and Peoples/Diamonds, but more the beach/casual/clubbing stuff. What stores (independent or in malls) sell this with good selection?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko