Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show or Tell your 'TOP TEN' Hats

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
J.T.Marcus said:
GWD, A fantastic set!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Wow - I agree! If we had the same size head (maybe we do?), I'd gladly buy GWD's top 10 and never look for another hat....for that matter, I can say the same for J.T.'s list. You guys have obviously been at this for a while.

Thanks, Bob - believe it or not, I had two almost exactly like that one, from two different ebay auctions. I gave one to a friend for dog-sitting help.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Assembled for the group shot...

Top10.jpg

The whole cast of characters from left to right:

1. Green Borsalino Alessandria
2. Royal Stetson Pearl/Stitched Brim
3. Royal DeLuxe Stetson Open Road
4. Dobbs 100
5. Mallory Nokabout
6. North Valley "Field & Stream"
7. Stetson 3X (Vogue-style)
8. Stetson "Shady Oak" Open Road
9. Stetson 100
10. Blue Dobbs 20

Cheers,
JtL

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
BTW, Victor -- I trust you'll be joining in, as well...;)

Cheers,
JtL

Thank you, Yes I would love join in all your reindeer games. Have house guest now and for sometime to come, but I will put together a new photo. Hopefully I can scrounge up ten hats.
As Always,
TLH
(the lounge heckler)

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Garrett said:
Very nice Jimmy. What's the make on #5 from the left?

Thanks, Garrett. #5 from the left is a Mallory Nokabout. I took individual shots of all of them, but didn't have time to post them yet. Will do that later today.

Cheers,
JtL

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
Not sure if it's just my computer, JTL, but your photos and some of the others are not showing up for me... Daggone it, I really want to see those famous teardrops!

AFI

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
jimmy the lid said:
Thanks, Garrett. #5 from the left is a Mallory Nokabout. I took individual shots of all of them, but didn't have time to post them yet. Will do that later today.

Cheers,
JtL

Looking forward to seeing them - great hats. The Mallory and Dobbs 100 are my favorites.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Top ten most worn hats.

Akubra Down Under
downunder.jpg

Wall Street - VS

art-wallstreet.jpg

Dragnet - VS

art-dragnet.jpg

Federation III

federationIII.jpg

Coolabah Hat

CoolabahHat.jpg

croc

croc.jpg

squatter

squatter.jpg

and my camping hats

Cattleman

Cattleman.jpg

smithbilt

smithbilt-scout.jpg

and a panama bob

panamabob.jpg

Johnny

Dreispitz

One Too Many
johnnycanuck said:
Top ten most worn hats.

Jonny,

I do like this >most worn< aproach! Very good idea!

Just gave it a thouht and came to the conclusion that the hats I wear most are not necessaryly the ones, I would consider as my "treasures". However, part of the value of a fine hat is wearing it.

Would you make a distiction between your most worn and most apreciated ones, is there an intersection or are they identical?

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
I have held off on really diving into this thread until I had the time to fully savor all of the great fedoras here. So, over this morning's coffee, and with a couple of browser windows open so that I can view lids and type at the same time...;)

Gene -- you are the maestro, man. Fantastic assortment. That blue Borsalino is just amazing. What really gets me is the richness of the blue, which is stunning. My other personal faves include the Tom n' Jerry, which I've had the chance to see in person. That one is a classic -- and a unique irridescent ribbon to boot! Also love the Flagship and the Privateer, not only for their looks, but due to the rarity of those particular finds. Hey -- when the light blue Stetsonian doesn't make the cut, that's quite a statement! Oh yeah -- and that Arcentales panama seems to be OK, too...;)

gtddean48 -- nice set of thin ribbons. As you know, I love the look and feel of that Canadian Open Road -- but, all of those thin ribbons are classic, and that really is a great look on you. Also, the Stetson Casual is a classic, as well.

lefty -- when I see the Hat City Hat Co. lid, I weep openly. Absolutely stunning. Also, I have always loved your Optimo Milan -- the texture and look of that hat are beautiful, and that ribbon is to die for. Great Stetson Casual, as well. One of these days, I'd love to check out the feel of a Stetson Vita-Felt...

garrett -- you have an amazing collection. Hard to single out any of those -- you have put together a beautiful assortment of styles and makes. Really fantastic.

anj -- great assortment. The Whippet-esque offerings are very nice. I particularly like the look of that VS from Art. That Stetson 3X suede finish must be nice to the touch, and I really like the ribbon job you did on that -- very tasteful.

billyspew -- the Knox 20 and Borsalino look fantastic. I also like your Adam lids. Adam made some nice looking hats, and yours are in great condition.

j.t. -- That Disney Oxford 15 looks sharp. I also really like the Resistol 10 with the pleated ribbon, which is a unique look. Nice ribbon on the Stetson Nutria quality, as well.

ScottF -- Love the look of that Playboy. The Borsos are very nice -- I particularly like the wide-brim Borso with the Cavanagh edge. What a great lid.

mayserwegener -- neat assortment there. One of the things I love about your posts is the fact that you have a taste in hats that runs to different styles and makes that are not necessarily the norm around here. That Huckel is gorgeous. My other favorite is the Zapf Hofmarschall -- cool look, and great texture and color combo.

Jauntyone -- you are one of those folks who can pull off a stingy look with aplomb. Those Knox hats are very nice, as are your VS lids. I also really like the look of that Hat Center trilby.

gwd -- really great assortment there. Really solid -- they are all very nice, and you wear them well. I have always loved that light blue Whippet, as well as the look of that Knox. The straw hats look great, as well.

johnnycanuck -- I'm sure those Akubras wear well over time and get a lot of duty! I really like those VS lids from Art -- very classic styling. And I'm sure the one you just received is going to be list-worthy in terms of most worn!

MichaelShane -- we're waiting...;)

Great hats, great thread. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Here are my top 10. Because a couple of these lids have a backstory that I want to document with a couple of extra photos, I'll split this into two groups of 5, in no particular order:

Stetson 7X Clear Beaver "Shady Oak" Open Road

ShadyOakOR-5.jpg

ShadyOakLiner2.jpg

ShadyOakLiner1.jpg

Dobbs 100

Dobbs100-1.jpg

Stetson 100

Stetson100-2.jpg

Stetson100Case.jpg

Stetson100Liner.jpg

Borsalino Alessandria

GreenBorso-2.jpg

Dobbs 20

BlueDobbs20.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
Exceptional grouping JTL

Jimmy, thats a great top 10. Is there a thread on the North Valley somewhere? I really like the "not-so-thin-ribbon" on that one. Also, that Mallory is a Knockout!

B

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
buler said:
Jimmy, thats a great top 10. Is there a thread on the North Valley somewhere? I really like the "not-so-thin-ribbon" on that one. Also, that Mallory is a Knockout!

Thanks, Buler. Here is the thread on the North Valley.

That Mallory Nokabout is extremely versatile -- it can dress up or down. It's also just an incredibly easy and comfortable hat to wear. Just feels great...;)

Cheers,
JtL

Dreispitz said:
johnnycanuck said:
Top ten most worn hats.

Jonny,

I do like this >most worn< aproach! Very good idea!

Just gave it a thouht and came to the conclusion that the hats I wear most are not necessaryly the ones, I would consider as my "treasures". However, part of the value of a fine hat is wearing it.

Would you make a distiction between your most worn and most apreciated ones, is there an intersection or are they identical?

Have to agree. I do wear the hats I posted but I have others a wear more often.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes I did pot my hats in the most worn aproach. I have a new Art - crossover that would be at the top of the list, my Adventurebilt would actually be on the list (never worn outside), and I have a Stetson 25 open crown I have never really bashed yet. If you want pictures I can post them later today.
Johnny

Goose.

Practically Family
Harp Player Gene, I saw your OP when it first came up. Since that time, I keep coming back to lust over your Blue Borsalino Trionfo.

Each time I come back I continue to be impressed with what you gentlemen post.

For me, if my house was on fire and I got the wife and dogs out safe, I'd grab my:
three Brent Black Panamas
Sydney
Homburg (Akubra)
Dark Brown Federation IV Deluxe
Moonstone FIVD

That's only 7 outta 10, so maybe my three Standard Feds too. And, the Deluxes are on the top of the heap because I like the colors not because of their cognomen.
Not in any particular "save from the fire" order...well, maybe for the wife and beagles ;)

458669647_UWPrW-M-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ