Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show or Tell your 'TOP TEN' Hats

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up

Victor -- Nice group. You have some great looking Borsos that appear to be in fantastic condition. I like the color variety in the Alessandrias. I think I've asked you this before, but now I forget -- what is the color on the Alessandria that is first on the left?

Also love the blue/gray Belmont.

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Gene was right...

I'm taking the liberty of exercising the "Nigel Tufnel Option" and cranking the dial to "11"...;)

Stetson Playboy

GreenPB7.jpg

GreenPBRibbon.jpg

Compare2.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Michaelshane said:
I had that book....I wish I had 500 hats.

Me too....I think I had about every hat-related book there was.

Here's another book I had as a child: "Caps for Sale". When I saw Buler's pic of all the hats, I thought of this guy:

27802714_f114b5d751.jpg

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
Jimmy, You were right about that iridescent quality... B-E-A-utiful! :eusa_clap

-AFI

jimmy the lid said:
I'm taking the liberty of exercising the "Nigel Tufnel Option" and cranking the dial to "11"...;)

Stetson Playboy

GreenPB7.jpg

GreenPBRibbon.jpg

Compare2.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Here's my top 8:

DSCN1549.jpg

Left to Right:

Lee Trail (Johnnyphi), VS The Dingus, DM Akubra Adventurer, VS Custom, Fed III, Borsalino Allessandria, Camptown Metro, Stetson Stratoliner.

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
five thin ribbons

Waiting to get a working camera together to take pictures gave me time to think about what criteria I would use to select my top ten. I picked based upon I could only keep ten hats and would not be able to acquire any more hat in the future. I divided my hats into two groups - thin ribbons and others and chose five hats from each group. First up are five thin ribbons
Stetson 100
IMG_0717.jpg
IMG_0718.jpg

McCloud pure beaver
IMG_0720.jpg
IMG_0719.jpg

Stetson 7X clear beaver excellent condition other than some loose stitches at the sweat
IMG_0723.jpg
IMG_0721.jpg

Stetson 7X clear beaver the go to hat even goes to work on construction sites when the hard hat is not required. The clear beaver logo is almost worn off, I have taken the liner out and re stitched the ribbon. The heavy beaver felt takes the wear well
IMG_0715.jpg
IMG_0716.jpg

Stetson 25 open road
IMG_0725.jpg
IMG_0724.jpg

jonbuilder

Four fedoras and one panama

Stetson 100. The following was taken from a note from the seller "He wore the hat on what he would consider special days. I remember that he seemed to be a different person when he wore it. He very much indeed enjoyed the hat. I hope that you will get as much happiness as he did. Don't put it away. It was made to be worn. Thank you once again and God Bless."
IMG_0727.jpg
IMG_0726.jpg

Stetson royal delux
IMG_0734.jpg
IMG_0733.jpg

Borsalino 40s high straight crown
IMG_0732.jpg
IMG_0729.jpg

Borsalino 50s
IMG_0736.jpg
IMG_0735.jpg

Stetson panama
IMG_0738.jpg
IMG_0737.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
jonbuilder said:
Stetson 100. The following was taken from a note from the seller "He wore the hat on what he would consider special days. I remember that he seemed to be a different person when he wore it. He very much indeed enjoyed the hat. I hope that you will get as much happiness as he did. Don't put it away. It was made to be worn. Thank you once again and God Bless."

I am dying to just put my fingers on the felt of a Stetson 100 or clear beaver. I've got some great Borsalinos, but I'm thinking the high quality Stetsons might be something I can't even imagine.

Great collection.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
jonbuilder said:

Man, I love that. Very cool. A good note for all of us -- they were meant to be worn...

Nice lids, jonbuilder.

Cheers,
JtL

jonbuilder

Jimmy
I brought this 100 from the grand daughter of the previous owner. It was not a rich estate so the hat was sold to settle expenses. I feel I have taken on more than the owner ship of a hat I am now the custodian and if for some now unforeseen reason I ever turn the hat over It will be to someone would will take owner ship of the hats history with reverence.

buler

I'll Lock Up
jonbuilder said:
Jimmy
I brought this 100 from the grand daughter of the previous owner. It was not a rich estate so the hat was sold to settle expenses. I feel I have taken on more than the owner ship of a hat I am now the custodian and if for some now unforeseen reason I ever turn the hat over It will be to someone would will take owner ship of the hats history with reverence.

Hi Jon. That fedora 100 needs a thread of its own!

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy