Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show or Tell your 'TOP TEN' Hats

rlk said:
I'm indecisive by nature. I'd have to come up with some criteria to judge them too. How about top 10 brown hats or Westerns or Straws or Fuzzies? Most unusual? Domestic or Imported?

What about Dinerman?

What about a mix? Top Bowler, Velour, Homburg, Western, Straw, ect.

Ibid: Dinerman

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Garrett said:
Well done, Mario :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thank you, lads! Putting together this list wasn't really all that difficult as those hats represent exactly one half of my downsized collection, which is to say that I'm down to twenty hats by now. Three months ago there were almost forty of them. :rolleyes:

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
These are my Top Three, because they are the only ones I have. :D
An Akubra Federation IV (dark brown) , an Akubra Squatter (willow green) , and an Akubra Fedora (carbon grey) .

FamilyLineUpFront.jpg

And on my head:

FedoraFamilyStack.jpg

gtdean48, Fantastic! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I noticed your Buckaroo FST has a similar bow treatment as my G. M. Bowler. The severe brim curl hides it from view but you can kinda see it in the above photo.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I didn't notice the nice welcome to those of us with fewer than ten hats, so here is my post from the rather failed "top three hats" thread.

I only have four hats all together, so top ten is categorically impossible, and besides, only two of them are worth showing off.

First, my St. Regis Special (and by special I mean coaxed into a fedora shape. Steam and love will work miracles.)
DSCN0466.jpg

I really love this hat, and right now it is kinda my benchmark for the dimensions of hats I am looking at. Unfortunately, it recently developed a small hole in the crown from me playing with it too much, and the sweatband is starting to suffer from the sweat.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand, I also like my panama from PanamaBob. It is great for the unbearably hot weather of Rome.
IMG_8546.jpg

I guess if I had to pick between my other two (wip Bailey's Lite Felt conversion, and a stingy wool NY Hat co thing) for the distant third place, I would have to pick the NY Hat Co. one. It has served me well, and really got me comfortable wearing a fedora every day.
17835_293105102904_651747904_4292827_1356193_n.jpg

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
danofarlington said:
Do the Italian men wear hats? And, what do the folks think of your hats there?

Hats are not particularly common here. All of the tourists wear either cloth hats or cheap panamas, and the stores in Rome are pushing panamas as fashion, but it generally sets me apart.
Apart from the usual kids whistling Indiana Jones music, I think that my hats have gone over here, although I did just pick up a linen cap. That sticks out a little less, and you are more likely to see an old man dressed nicely with a cap than a hat.

OT1899

Familiar Face
Top Ten ...

Just discovered this thread tonight and found it to be quite interesting! Thanks for sharing. There are some great hat presented here!

One Too Many
Hi, Robert ¡¡¡

rlk said:
I'm indecisive by nature. I'd have to come up with some criteria to judge them too. How about top 10 brown hats or Westerns or Straws or Fuzzies? Most unusual? Domestic or Imported?

What about Dinerman?
You are o´rite", but some brothers should want to know your top ten or twenty, no mind, but all togheter, maybe, like Neophyte said, now born a Hat poet.:eusa_clap[huh] ;) :)

One Too Many
My favourite hats ¡¡¡

This hats, some are from good family, others are from poor family, there are Borsas, Stetsons, Resistol, Brooks Brothers, Look Co., Viquez, Tardan, Dobbs, Wegener and others, but although I have a fews, is not easy choose one to wear in day, all are my favourites:
2115868650106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

2775506060106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

I will post another what are stored.:eusa_clap ;) :p

150719541 said:
This hats, some are from good family, others are from poor family, there are Borsas, Stetsons, Resistol, Brooks Brothers, Look Co., Viquez, Tardan, Dobbs, Wegener and others, but although I have a fews, is not easy choose one to wear in day, all are my favourites:
2115868650106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

2775506060106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

I will post another what are stored.:eusa_clap ;) :p

Tienes sombreros fantasticos senor!
Nice collection. Intiendo porque tienes problemas con decidir.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot