Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us their hats!

Artist Will James (1892 - 1942)

IMG_5499.JPG

IMG_5500.JPG

IMG_5498.JPG

IMG_5497.JPG

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Hollywood has yet to get Quartermain right in my opinion. Chamberlain, Swayze, Connery, and a various other no name actors just can't seem to do the character justice.
Sometimes, when you have read a riveting good read, a character in the book forms in your head, when that character is brought to life either on the big screen or TV, it can be disappointing compared to the image, that the book reader has. So it was in 1961, I had been knocked down on a pedestrian crossing, my fractures had been set in plaster and all I had to do was wait for recovery. I was supposed to be studying my school work, a teacher would bring my course work to the hospital and then go through it with me, leaving me then, to do sample work to see if I had grasped whatever the subject of the day was.
Secretly I was reading the new James Bond novels, but the school work still got done. For me double 'O' seven was a middle aged, thick set fellow, an intellect who had received an Oxbridge education. When I first saw Dr No, I was truly surprised, it wasn't at all like Fleming's books, that's why I didn't rate Connery.
However, I had seen Connery a couple of times previously and was impressed by his repertoire. As I grew older, I realised that the 007 movies were made and scripted to a much wider audience and that's why they were so successful.
All these years later Connery is still James Bond.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk