Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us Vintage Connoisseur Items!

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Do you have....

Wonderful Wine glasses?
Phenomenal Pipes?
A Terrific Tiki Bar?
Amazing Ashtrays?

Show us your Vintage Connoisseur items here!

Vintage Betty

Vintage Betty

Wining & Dining with Rhyme & Reason, 1933

Wining & Dining with Rhyme & Reason, 1933

I have absolutely no idea where I picked up this book, but the brochure from the Quebec Labor Commission was inside it.

wining.JPG

wining1.JPG

wining2.JPG

wining3.JPG

wining4.JPG

wining5.JPG

wining6.JPG

wining7.JPG

wining8.JPG

wining9.JPG

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for posting that Vintage Betty.

In the way of oldies I have "The Savoy Cocktail" book buried away somewhere along with a rather old edition of Escoffier's "Le Guide Culinaire". Both wonderful.

Vintage Betty

Smithy said:
Thanks for posting that Vintage Betty.

In the way of oldies I have "The Savoy Cocktail" book buried away somewhere along with a rather old edition of Escoffier's "Le Guide Culinaire". Both wonderful.

It's a great book, isn't it? I still chuckle each time I open it. I hope we have the pleasure of seeing your treasures in the near future. :)

Vintage Betty

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I'll try and dig both out. We still have a lot of boxes of things packed away from when we moved here to Norway. They're in there somewhere!

rumblefish

One Too Many
There was a time this box would be at least 1/3 filled with cigars. I given up all smoking including pipes and cigars for fear of going back to cigarettes. so now it sits empty, that's why I posted here instead of a cigar thread.

I never figured what the box was about except for being a Montecristo cigar box presented from Fransico Flores in 1954. It still smells great from cedar and tobacco. The key is missing.
DSC00701.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC00702.jpg
[/IMG]
Bottom of box
DSC00703.jpg

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
rumblefish said:
Are you drinking Absinthe these days?

Yes, I've been known to have a glass or two.

RockBottom I've read that the "new," now-legal stuff just isn't the same.

The short answer is: The new stuff is indeed absinthe....there have been a few others that compare to the old stuff but none of it comes from Eastern Europe, Germany, or the Czech Republic. Their stuff is undrinkable swill

There is a much longer answer, but it would belong in one of the absinthe threads.

Warbaby

One Too Many
Here are a couple of favorites from my barware collection:

Nifty Napier silver-plated liquor measure. When you squeeze the lever on the side, it lifts a plug in the bottom and the liquor runs smoothly out the bottom of the stem - no drips, no mess, wicked cool. The stepped sides are 1/2 oz. graduations - easy to see in dimly lit, smoky rooms.

napiermeasure1.jpg

Has the original box and instruction sheet.

napiermeasure2.jpg

This little Austrian bronze pig corkscrew was designed by Walter Bosse, one of the artists associated with the Wienerwerkstatte.

bossepigC2cr.jpg

bossepigB5.jpg

Lulu-in-Ny

A-List Customer
I was visiting my favorite Antique store the other day and this guy
PenguinDecanter2.jpg
PenguinDecanter1.jpg

was in the front window. I had no idea what he was, and the man in the place told me he was an old liquor decanter. I loved him at first sight, and here's the best part- when you pick him up, he plays "How Dry I Am". Awesome.

Caroline

One of the Regulars
Ok I'll be the first to do the "this isn't quite vintage but" post.

These are probably from the 1980's but I love the houndstooth so I picked it up at the antique mall.

061.jpg

I find the thicker glass withstands the antics of the modern drunkard much better than the finer stuff. :p

texasgirl

One Too Many
Here are some photos of our new bar. Does anyone have any idea of the era? I'm thinking either 50s or 60s, but I'd appreciate any input! It kinda has a rustic finish, looks like someone applied something darker on top? But we are doing a cowboy/texas/western kinda theme so it's perfect for us. Now we just gotta get some cool barware :)

IMG_2436.jpg

IMG_2439.jpg

IMG_2440.jpg

IMG_2441.jpg

IMG_2442.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes