Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Vintage GERMAN Suits

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Here the 1937 dated "Brückner & Meister" suit I received from Damian.
I have let out the legs from the tapered down 24 cm to acceptable 27 cm. I guess it originally was more like 29 cm.
Also the jacket has been taken in along the original side seams. It now fits me perfectly and has a dramatically nipped waist.

BruumlcknerMeister%201.jpg

BruumlcknerMeister%204.jpg
BruumlcknerMeister%205.jpg

BruumlcknerMeister%202.jpg

BruumlcknerMeister%203.jpg
BruumlcknerMeister%206.jpg

Last edited:

DamianM

Vendor
Such a great suit
I'm glad It will be fully appreciated as I could not fit into the trousers and would have just worn it with white flannels.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Fastuni, very nice suit! I agree that the jacket would look good worn without even the matching trousers. It reminds me somewhat of an early 1960s (1962 or 1963) Yugoslavian suit jacket that was my grandfather's. It is a dark, charcoal grey jacket with faint burgundy pinstripes, and he wore it on his wedding day. I wear it with odd trousers or chinos, and I think it works. It looks and feels like a thick jacket, so it would be more ideal to wear with odd trousers than a thin, modern wool suit jacket. I assume the same for yours. "Orphaned" suit jackets don't have to be passed by or donated, but in your case, the trousers fit.

Last edited:

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
German summer DB ca. 1938-50. Tailormade in Ascheberg Holstein, the far North of Germany.

Light brown&cream heathered Fresco with black&white pinstripes.

Relatively low trouser rise (sitting like a modern "classic" cut trouser below the gut)!
The cuffs have been extended as "faux cuffs"... when worn the slight discoloration isn't too visible fortunately.
Maybe a good gall-soaping is in order.

HolstAnz%204.jpg

HolstAnz%203.jpg

HolstAnz%202.jpg

HolstAnz%205.jpg

Last edited:

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
That rise is really strangely low.

Fastuni, are you somehow related to Baron Kurtz and Dinerman? You guys constantly score great stuff.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
I'd assume it was made to fit a costumer with a rather short torso.
If fits me well... as mentioned more like what is nowadays called a "classic cut" (not modern low rise).

No relations that I know of... and no - we aren't a cartel that has distributed Germany, Britain and America amongst us. :D

Papperskatt

Practically Family
I just (like 20 minutes ago) found this jacket in the attic. :eeek: There are no labels or markings whatsoever but considering where I found it, I think it's safe to say that it is Swedish.

Foto 2015-03-03 15 29 17.jpg Foto 2015-03-03 15 29 03.jpg

It is very soft and light-weight. No pocket-flaps.

The overall fit is good on me. The jacket is quite short, but I guess that was the style: notice that the sleeves are as long as the skirt. There are unfortunately some moth-holes in the lapels but I should be able to fix them.

Papperskatt

Practically Family
Amazing indeed. I was up there looking for something completely different when I just stumbled upon it. I live in a house built in 1924 and most of the original owners stuff are still here. There are still a large amount of boxes to go through so who knows what I'll find next?

Papperskatt

Practically Family
Definitely, I'll let you know if I find any more items in your size! I went up there again to do some more hunting but didn't find anything this time.

This actually isn't the first find I made in the attic. Previous finds include these two pair of trousers that I later sold to Two Types:

Foto 2014-06-29 17 10 46.jpg Foto 2014-06-29 17 07 57.jpg

This really old and super heavy DB jacket:

Foto 2015-03-04 10 55 31.jpg Foto 2015-03-04 10 55 57.jpg

And this super heavy fur-lined overcoat which I intend to repair one day:

Foto 2015-03-04 10 58 33.jpg

As well as other miscellaneous items like some suspenders and odd cufflinks and such.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21