Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Vintage GERMAN Suits

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Yes, the pockets have a slight angle.
German jackets sometimes have interior pockets made in the "British manner" (sans fabric tongue that is).
This Czech sportcoat differs from British jackets insofar that is has interior chest pockets on both sides - like the Germans.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I believe I haven't shared this plus four 3 piece suit yet. Rather similar to the scan (last pic) which is from 1929.
Gtd7sXBl.jpg

wGAMX8Xl.jpg

qnhDT5Ql.jpg

cn0CyYxl.jpg

Prb0KCXl.jpg

Broccoli

One of the Regulars
That sport suit is amazing. Just my taste, look at those lapels!

Here is a bad picture of todays find, a Swedish summer sport coat. It is blue, with a faint checkered pattern. There was a dark red pocket square in the pocket. As well as an old nail in another. Better pictures may follow after washing and repairing.

QRMxiwO.jpg

WjUOocE.jpg

This will be my cream flannels best friend from now on!

Last edited:

Broccoli

One of the Regulars
I really do like the typical european yoke in the back. I forgot to mention that the fabric is what seems like fresco. It is very loose and you could see your fingers through it. Perhaps removing a bit of the lining would enable me to get some cool breezes. Or perhaps would the shirt then be visible through the jacket. I mostly like to keep the original features.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Wonderful garments Floey and Broccoli.

Here something different. A green velveton/suedine (cotton faux-suede) sports-jacket with zipper by "Nagel".

Tailor-made in Germany likely between 1938 and 1952.

Gruen1.jpg

Gruen2.jpg

Gruen3.jpg

Papperskatt

Practically Family
Swedish belt-back jacket. As you can see it's got quite a few large moth holes... :mad: I'll attempt to at least make it wearable, although I'm skeptical. It is exactly my size so I'll do my best!

Zgetylx.jpg

f1Hm7Xj.jpg

BUkcG2M.jpg

gZUim15.jpg

The very slanted shoulder seams makes me think that it might be from the teens.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Take it apart and make a pattern from it. Reweaving it will cost you dearly. Might as well get a suit made instead.

Papperskatt

Practically Family
Considering I got it for free I thought that I could spend a few bucks on it, but yeah, you're probably right. It's too far gone to be saved.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
One of the smaller holes would cost you probably 50 Euros. Even the "small" ones are pretty big.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points