Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
LD-You've made some very cute things,but I have to admit this is one of my favorites that you've done.I think it's the lining,it feels cheery.

Rosie

One Too Many
Very nice LD. Great lining.

Here is what I just finished this evening:

IMG_4-1.jpg

IMG_2.jpg

bolero and pencil skirt, my take on this jacket:

boleropintop.jpg

no lining for me though as I'm horrible at it. :(

GOK

One Too Many
Daisy Buchanan said:
GOK, that gown and train is incredible! Well Done.

Thank you Daisy :)

Rosie, I love the polka dots. You will look great in such a lovely ensemble.
You are all so creative, I'm jealous!

Agreed. I love to see things that other people have made - it can be quite inspirational. And Rosie, polka dots are so sweet - that outfit looks wonderful. Do we get to see you modelling it?

Lady D - great new av, fab new jacket! I absolutely adore it. I'm waiting for a vintage swing jacket pattern to arrive; I hope mine turn out as well as yours.

Rosie

One Too Many
Thanks ladies. I'm hoping to make a duct tape twin model of myself some time soon so that the clothes will hang better and not look so shapeless. I don't usually have someone here with me to take pics and the ones I take in the full length mirror always come out so dark and fuzzy. :(

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
Ehrm. I've been in a really weird sewing mood lately, so these are my latest projects. I don't know why, I just really felt like making some giant shiny plastic dresses.

286950423_c0333a89aa.jpg

286950425_7d394a4757.jpg

This is the Queen of Hearts. I've got a big crown and a pink flamingo covered in rhinestones with an ostrich-feather tail to go wiith it.

Both dresses are built to go over these, which were just made from the Simplicity hoop skirt & crinoline patterns.
286950420_b726203cb3.jpg

Please ignore the hair and makeup. My fiance got a hold of my Kevyn Aucoin book and was feeling creative.

BV - Now that halloween is over, maybe it's time for something normal.

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
:eek: GOK, that gown is *amazing*. I can't believe that woman let her dog do that! I would have cried!

I hope you'll post more of your projects! I adore seeing the TV patterns in action.

BV

GOK

One Too Many
BettyValentine said:
:eek: GOK, that gown is *amazing*. I can't believe that woman let her dog do that! I would have cried!

After my initial anger had subsided, I was philosophical; the gown was finished, I'd handed it over and I'd been paid for it. To be honest, I was more miffed at the lack of manners than the fact that the dog had used the gown as a toilet.

I hope you'll post more of your projects! I adore seeing the TV patterns in action.

BV

Thank you. I love yours that you just posted pictures of. When you work with PVC, do you use a teflon presser foot? I used to spray everything with silicone spray until I discovered those feet - they're a boon!

Here's one of my Victorian gowns - the pattern is a not very good Simplicity one but the petticoat, which can't be seen (!) is the same as the one Lauren made...but in black.

Kevin is wearing (ooh hark at me, I sound like a fashion show voice over!) a coat that I made him a few years ago. It was inspired by a 16th century Polish military overcoat but I added a few Gok-touches...including suspender clips to fasten it with (as in the things you hold stockings up with!). That's actually a really bad image of Kevin as the coat looks awful - too short for those huge boots he is wearing and his mask is wonky!

000_US_000.jpg

Here's how handsome he really is!

00000.jpg

In the next image, Simon is wearing hair by Gok!

000_US_003.jpg

He was crowned King of the Ball shortly after that photo was taken.

As a little side note - nothing to do with making clothes but really sweet nonethess. Every year we get together with Simon and Ruth, plus several other friends to go camping for a weekend. This year, Ruth's mother (who has been a vegan for about 35 years) made me the most scrummy vegan chocolate birthday cake....and she didn't even come to the camping trip! I thought that was so adorable of her.

Here's another view of my gown:

masked06.jpg

Here's another of my 'creations' - this was for another ball we attended!

0101.jpg

Yet another ball outfit...

erotica2.jpg

(I bought the wings!)

Hair, corset and skirt by me. Bought gloves and bracelet:

loviatar.jpg

Elaina

One Too Many
Very nice Gok! I'm debating on working on this, and then debating on if I want to send it to a professional pleater or do it myself (which is a HUGE pain), AND making my own frogs because I'll be darned if I can find them THAT big (another pain):
V2714.jpg

Or something more normal for everyday wear. I have a dinner with my best friend and his girlfriend (amazing that he has one!)

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Stunning, GOK! I love the look of them! So much fun!

And Elaina, that's been on my "to-make" list for a long time, too! If you make it I'd love to hear a review!

Elaina

One Too Many
I have a friend that has made it in a velveteen blend and did some minor alterations. I know it took her less then a week to make the entire thing (granted I'm fussier then she is about the inside looking perfect, but I sew far more then she does). It's a repro of an Oscar de la Renta coat, and the details are where it's all at, as well as all the work.

She also claims it's really easy to put together once you're in the middle of it, and the coat looked good completed, and not at all homemade looking.

fleur

One of the Regulars
gok your work is amazing - cant wait for your website to be up and running to see more gok creations!

I am so jealous of everyone's skills - Im sitting here looking at a skirt pattern in dismay!

I mean - how hard can it be [huh]

Tough Cookie

One of the Regulars
fleur said:
gok your work is amazing - cant wait for your website to be up and running to see more gok creations!

I am so jealous of everyone's skills - Im sitting here looking at a skirt pattern in dismay!

I mean - how hard can it be [huh]
LOL! I know exactly how you feel fleur! I hugely screwed up a basic circle skirt (OK, it had a bit of a waist band, but still!). It's embarrassing. I know I just need more practice, but for that I'd need more hours in the day. Or self-discipline. lol

Oh, but I did make this, and it was certainly 40's inspired, believe it ot not:
HatSM_HoF2006047.jpg

HatSM_HoF2006046.jpg

missyoli

New in Town
you are all so talented. where do you guys get all of your patterns? and about how much do they cost? oh and can you guys rub some of your talent on me?

Elaina

One Too Many
I get my modern patterns on sale at JoAnn's or Hancock fabric stores. I'm cheap, so I always wait until they're $1 each, not 1.99. I also wait for Vogue to be about 3.25 before I buy. Vintage ones, many have luck on Ebay and local thrift stores, and I got one yesterday at a bookstore here called Half Price Books, but it was for one from the 70's and I paid a whopping 25 cents for it.

Sewing is just practice. If you can't sew, many sewing machine shops (as well as JoAnns and Hancocks) offer classes. Other then those, like the shoe ad: just do it.

missyoli

New in Town
Elaina said:
I get my modern patterns on sale at JoAnn's or Hancock fabric stores. I'm cheap, so I always wait until they're $1 each, not 1.99. I also wait for Vogue to be about 3.25 before I buy. Vintage ones, many have luck on Ebay and local thrift stores, and I got one yesterday at a bookstore here called Half Price Books, but it was for one from the 70's and I paid a whopping 25 cents for it.

Sewing is just practice. If you can't sew, many sewing machine shops (as well as JoAnns and Hancocks) offer classes. Other then those, like the shoe ad: just do it.

hey thanks for the advice. there is a joann's fabrics right by my job i'll go after work! and i totally get you on being cheap! hahaha i'm the same way!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany