Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Miss Sis

One Too Many
:eek:fftopic: A friend of mine has hair like that. She is a tiny 4' 11" and has great dark hair which she often wears in plaits over the top of her head!

Eva, I have that pattern and your view is the one I wanted to make up when I find the right fabric. Nice to see it made up.

P.S: I think your hair looks lovely the shorter length. :)

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
l_394e16a2578743808748c745824bfeb4.jpg

l_4574662015474f068bf8a77c92c3de90.jpg

The sleeves and hem aren't finished yet, but it's lookin' okay.

l_436fc3fbc9fe4734b1f4079d49b3fe73.jpg

I made it too small -- I'll probably sell it to one of my friends. I bought new material to re-make it in my size. It was so easy to make. The easiest pattern I've made thus far.

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Amy Jeanne[IMG said:
http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/30/l_436fc3fbc9fe4734b1f4079d49b3fe73.jpg[/IMG]

I made it too small -- I'll probably sell it to one of my friends. I bought new material to re-make it in my size. It was so easy to make. The easiest pattern I've made thus far.

Oh, Amy Jeanne. That is really lovely. Can't wait to see it in your size. How did you make it too small? Seam allowances? I only ask, because I thought that pattern was the size you wore.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I wear an 18, so whenever I buy patterns in a 20 I've been sewing them with a bigger seam allowance and they've all fit me perfectly. So I did the same for this. I guess this one ran smaller than my others. I'm going to make it with the correct seam allowance next time.

Or maybe the pattern was altered or the wrong size got stuck back in the pack. Who knows!! But I'll make it again with success.

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
Amy Jeanne said:
l_394e16a2578743808748c745824bfeb4.jpg

l_4574662015474f068bf8a77c92c3de90.jpg

The sleeves and hem aren't finished yet, but it's lookin' okay.

l_436fc3fbc9fe4734b1f4079d49b3fe73.jpg

man, that is TOO cute. what size did it end up being. heck i would buy it if it fit me :)

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
my latest, a plain old 50s blouse because, I DESPERATELY need day wear, and clothing basics. So I tried my hand at a blouse, my first ever.
It has the cutest little collar.
IMG_0902.jpg

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Thanks girls!

exquisitebones said:
man, that is TOO cute. what size did it end up being. heck i would buy it if it fit me :)

I'm not sure what size it is yet. I tried to put it on but it was way too snug. My measurements are 37-30-39 so I'm just GUESSING right now that it's a 35-28-37. I'll take proper measurements when I'm all done.

Do you read my LJ? I'm amy_jeanne. When I'm done I'll probably post it in there and "auction" it off the best offer. I'll also have lots and lots of photos of all the details and an honest description!

BTW -- love that cute blouse! I need more day wear, too. Actually I need more winter wear! All my cute dresses are sitting my my closet waiting for summer!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
l_a2e2d59f2f914e2db7bf0873ea7848a7.jpg

A loaner from sixsexsix (aka Michelle)

l_8fe0f5bfdc41471589fee785154f8ea2.jpg

This is my most favouritest dress I've made thus far. I'm almost tempted to buy or trade this pattern from Michelle!!! Hehe! She probably wants it back because it's so darn awesome, but copies will be made!

I'm going to make it again in black with flaming red cuffs, collar, and buttons.

imported_miss_molly

Familiar Face
Oh my, everyone is so talented! You have all made such lovely things! I wish I could sew well enough to make my own clothes but I just don't have the time or the money to learn right now.

exquisitebones - that blouse is so cute!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Butterick 7439. This is the first time I've used a vintage pattern that was actually my size. The only adjustment needed was a 1/4in tuck in the length of the shoulders to make them narrower.
3218186217_564a4e6d3a.jpg

3219036406_bba4e1f228.jpg

newtovintage

One of the Regulars
kamikat said:
Butterick 7439. This is the first time I've used a vintage pattern that was actually my size. The only adjustment needed was a 1/4in tuck in the length of the shoulders to make them narrower.
3218186217_564a4e6d3a.jpg

3219036406_bba4e1f228.jpg

You really look fabulous in that dress. Great job on making it. Quick question, do you wear a petticoat under it?
Sarah

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
newtovintage said:
You really look fabulous in that dress. Great job on making it. Quick question, do you wear a petticoat under it?
Sarah
No, the skirt is too narrow for one. About half the patterns in my collection have skirts that are too narrow for a petticoat.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Very cute Kamikat :)

Made this shirt in black velvet, using my 20s glass buttons. Man I used a lot of buttons.

McCall3828.jpg
buttons.jpg

front1.jpg
back-1.jpg

Thanks to the gals suggestions, I closed the front with slides and snap fasteners. Worked real well. I even did the cuffs that way, then just sewed the buttons on for decoration. I think it turned out real cute, and I LOVE velvet. I want to make a black silk skirt with velvet trim to match. Soon I hope
*muhahahahahaaaaaaaaa*

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot