Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

julia

New in Town
Lorena B said:
Hi Julia, yes, if you want we can post your patterns in the pattern swap thread so we can see with patterns you have.
Send me a pm with your details and we will go from there ;)

I can't pm yet. If you check the pattern swap thread after saturday, they should be there. I need to borrow my Dad's camera to do it.

MarieAnne

Practically Family
CherryRed said:
Marie Anne, your skirt and crinoline look wonderful!! Did you use net, or tulle? It looks so much softer then mine.

Hmm, I'm not sure. I think it was called soft crinoline...you know what, it doesn't fray so it must be tulle (right?) Anyways, it's specially made for petticoats because it's not scratchy. PLUS it was cheaper than the scratchy stuff. The older ladies at the fabricland showed it to me as soon as I said, 'petticoat'. They're wonderful!

mentha

Familiar Face
THIS IS SO CUTE!!! I'm still looking for a decent pencil skirt pattern. Have drawn one myself, but I'm scared to try it, as the previous version went horribly wrong, haha! What a great idea and result to put those 2 patterns together :)

Lorena B said:
Well this is my latest creation. I must thank Goldwind Girl for being the source of inspiration.
I didnt have a pattern for this one but i do have a top like it so i just traced it.
The skirt is from a pencil skirt pattern.
In the pics still needs to be pressed so do excuse the creases.
I must say i cant way to wear it in two weeks for the Rockabilly Rave in UK!!!
DSC00919.jpg

DSC00920.jpg

Lorena B

Practically Family
Mentha, if you have already a pencil skirt you can trace it and make your own pattern as i did, you have to be careful to leave extra seams space thou.:eek:fftopic: hey, will i see you this weekend in the Cruise inn, Amsterdam for D-Day???

Lorena B

Practically Family
julia said:
I can't pm yet. If you check the pattern swap thread after saturday, they should be there. I need to borrow my Dad's camera to do it.
Sure, i will check.
To PM you will need to make some more postings, i dont remember the minimum, maybe one of the bartenders can inform you;)

MarieAnne

Practically Family
mentha said:
THIS IS SO CUTE!!! I'm still looking for a decent pencil skirt pattern. Have drawn one myself, but I'm scared to try it, as the previous version went horribly wrong, haha! What a great idea and result to put those 2 patterns together :)

How did you draw your own skirt sloper? I'm in the process of designing a dress. I have finished the bodice sloper. This is the website I used, http://www.leenas.com/English/draw_patterns.html. I really liked the instructions and I know they have some directions for skirt slopers also.

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Lorena B said:
Well this is my latest creation. I must thank Goldwind Girl for being the source of inspiration.
I didnt have a pattern for this one but i do have a top like it so i just traced it.
The skirt is from a pencil skirt pattern.
In the pics still needs to be pressed so do excuse the creases.
I must say i cant way to wear it in two weeks for the Rockabilly Rave in UK!!!
DSC00919.jpg

DSC00920.jpg
Wow ! It turned out wonderfully and I like your fabric choice.

Lorena B

Practically Family
Wow, thank you Lauren, Goldwind Girl, Amy Jeanne & Mentha.
Well, it came out a bit crocked in the bust ha,ha but in overall i am quite happy with it.
The fabric is elastic so i did not put any zippers.
I must say that this has put me in the summer mood and I am giving a go to another Hawaiian print style.
P.s I cant also get enough of seeing everybody's creations, is not only nice to see everyone's printing, colors and interpretations of a pattern, is also very inspirational.:)

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
This is a current pattern, but has a nice vintage feel. It take 2yrd of fabric and 1 of lining, making it a budget conscious dress and also takes about 2.5hrs to sew. The high necked version is more vintage-y, but it was my first attempt. The v-neck one fits better, but not as vintage-y. Butterick 4443
3608363515_082b5a1b6f.jpg

3614393159_a928fd29c7.jpg

B4443.jpg

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
kamikat said:
This is a current pattern, but has a nice vintage feel. It take 2yrd of fabric and 1 of lining, making it a budget conscious dress and also takes about 2.5hrs to sew. The high necked version is more vintage-y, but it was my first attempt. The v-neck one fits better, but not as vintage-y. Butterick 4443
3608363515_082b5a1b6f.jpg

3614393159_a928fd29c7.jpg

B4443.jpg

That's the dress I used for my bridesmaids pattern - the one with the cap sleeves, though. It turned out really cute!

thegirls.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Babydoll, they look beautiful! (you do, too). That dress has a ton of reviews on patternreview.com and it seems to look good on everyone who tries it.

Cricket

Practically Family
Great wedding photo babydoll! You look so happy, and the outfits are beautiful! I love the pink color, and I have got my eyes on those shoes. Great pic!

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Lorena...that is one hot number
Kamikat...that second dress looks AWESOME (both are great, but I like the 2nd one betsest)
Babydoll...LOVE those pink dresses! And you are radiant!

Did I remember everyone?? :) Such lovely, lovely things!

b7373c.jpg
b7373a.jpg
bellskirt.jpg
b4790b.jpg

Two Butterick 7373's, Simplicity 5914 skirt, Butterick 4790 (beta version)...I guess I should post that in the 4790 thread...will do.
More info on my blog

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
kamikat said:
Babydoll, they look beautiful! (you do, too). That dress has a ton of reviews on patternreview.com and it seems to look good on everyone who tries it.

Thanks! The friend on the left made the sleeveless dress in red shantung for another event right after the wedding. It turned out really well!

(I made my dress with her help. :))

I'm glad you had success with it as well.

Oh, and the fabric is simple quilting cotton that I got on sale. Total cost for each dress was about $20.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Cricket said:
Great wedding photo babydoll! You look so happy, and the outfits are beautiful! I love the pink color, and I have got my eyes on those shoes. Great pic!

Thank you so much. It was a great day for us.

Are you talking about the pink boots? That's my niece. I bought her those the day I asked her to be in the wedding. She didn't have anything to wear for shoes (darn her being in between kid and adult shoes), so they were a natural choice for her. She loved them!

I wore vintage 1940s leather wedgies in a cream color with my dress.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I just finished the shirt and shorts from a 1933 pattern. It's been on my "to-sew" list for years! I just need to make the wrap skirt and I'll have the whole set, but unfortunately I didn't buy enough of the fabric when I bought it years ago! I guess white linen it is...
33shorts.jpg

33shorts2.jpg

33shorts3.jpg

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Wowee!!

You girls have made some fabulous stuff!!! Too much to name individually, so just highlights:
Lorena B- That dress is just to die for! Totally fab!
MissAmelina- I love that collar on the brown one. Is Butterick 7373 vintage, modern or reprint??
kamikat- I love that chili print. Too cute!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR