Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
This is an older Butterick reprint, 6239
5970664179_a67336f792.jpg

4686780606_cb7822bb3f.jpg

MarieAnne

Practically Family
Everyone looks so smart; I love this thread! Here are some sailor shorts I finished today using the PatternMaster software.
IMG_00091.jpg

swinggal

One Too Many
This is an older Butterick reprint, 6239
5970664179_a67336f792.jpg

4686780606_cb7822bb3f.jpg

Lovley! Good 'ol 6239 :) I made 2 dresses from this pattern back in 2000 when I was wearing a lot of 40s stuff. Made them out of of swooshy crepe for dancing. Still lovely and a classic cut. I remember so many girls making this dress at the time and the variations were awesome. One even made it in gorgeous vintage liquid satin for a ball in black and beaded the front. Looked stunning.

swinggal

One Too Many
New dress from a 1935 pattern I finished recently. Wore it for the first time today. The fabric is 1930s or 40s vintage rayon crepe that I found in our local charity shop for a steal and I also got the rose pink buckle from there which is a perfect match.

002.jpg

Back detail with yoke, tab and pleat only just visible in the busy print.
008.jpg

Pattern:
McCallRoundNeckDress.jpg

Ooh, I love this. #0s dresses are so flattering. I would love to make the long-sleeved version in black silk backed crepe. You could even make another contrasting one colour belt to change the look as well.

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Thank you ladies for all the kind comments.

I will make it again but honestly, making it in rayon crepe was a bit of a pain due to the pleat in the back and the way it attatches to the yoke. I bought the pattern because I loved it and then thought 'Aha, I have that nice fabric sitting round...' and went from there. I would like to make the sleeveless version in a pale orange cotton linen for a more sporty look, but I have lots of projects before I come back to this pattern.

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
Ooo. I love the length, neck line and the fabric/ buckle combo- very elegant and picture perfect 30’s Miss Sis.

Ma made me a 30’s suit (more pics) recently of the longer length and I feel totally different to how I feel when I wear a 40’s dress- strange! I do find the 30's patterns a bit slim on the hips, and narrow on the shoulders though- anybody else find this? Excuse me looking a little messy in the photo with the wonky belt and crumpled linen- it was late when I took the pics!:(
GEDC3411.JPG

T x

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer
Ooo. I love the length, neck line and the fabric/ buckle combo- very elegant and picture perfect 30’s Miss Sis.

Ma made me a 30’s suit (more pics) recently of the longer length and I feel totally different to how I feel when I wear a 40’s dress- strange! I do find the 30's patterns a bit slim on the hips, and narrow on the shoulders though- anybody else find this? Excuse me looking a little messy in the photo with the wonky belt and crumpled linen- it was late when I took the pics!:(
GEDC3411.JPG

T x

You are picture perfect ♥

thedanu

Familiar Face

GEDC3411.JPG

T x

That's absolutely breathtaking!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Oh, Miss Tuppence, you look fabulous! I know what you mean about feeling different in a 30's outfit. For me, I feel more elegant and sophisticated in 30's, fun and casual in 40's. It's why I keep making 30's clothing even though 40's suits my figure type better.

pieknits

New in Town
New hat design I just finished. I love it so much and it turned out after the first go at felting, woo!

tipped_web.jpg

This was knit double stranded, felted in the washing machine and then blocked on a Styrofoam head.

5956089978_ebc879942e_z.jpg

Finished it off with a grosgrain ribbon and vintage button. In this shot I'm wearing a shrug I knit too. :) (Adorn Cropped Jacket)

More photos and details on the blog.

Amie

One of the Regulars

GEDC3411.JPG

T x

I love it. What is the fabric?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy