Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

ColeV48

Familiar Face
Gorgeous! What pattern did you use for the second to last dress? I love it!

These were the two I used. Both fairly beat up mail-orders without much info on them:
IMG_0164-1.jpg

Flicka

One Too Many
I watched Thin Man around Christmas and sort of fell in love with the little square hat Maureen O'Sullivan has in the first scene, so I decided to make something similar. The result is a square, crocheted beret that I'm quite pleased with. It's really warm and comfy and still fairly stylish!
blogger-image-1429558039.jpg

(please ignore that there's white paint in my hair - I've been painting some old book cases white and somehow it got in my hair)

Katinka von K.

A-List Customer
What more can one say than "Wow!" The dress looks great, but I like your hair even more. And the bookshelf. I love to see pictures of people with a big book collection :)

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
Just checked in on this thread (I try not to, too often, because I get so jealous of everyone's sewing skills!) and I'm a little speechless again with admiration! Great job everyone!

ColeV48 your dresses are so incredible! Utterly gorgeous, all of them :)

Isis

One of the Regulars
Katinka, thank you! The hair is the-easy-solution-hair when I haven't curled it. Just cram it into a hairnet... :D I'm posing in front of the children's book sektion. :) We (well, a friend) built a bookcase that cover an entiry wall in our living room- 8 meters long. And I promise, it's crammed. And thhn I have another bookshelf for sewing and costume books in my sewing room.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
I channeled the 1870s yet again recently for another 19th c. dance, Gaskell's Xmas Ball. This evening ensemble was built from more silk dupioni goods, this time in candlelight ivory and purple/blue shades I had had for years in my fabric stash.

I made the boned, and ruffled bustle petticoat, trained underskirt, bustled apron overskirt and evening bodice- all patterns by Truly Victorian. The gown was built around the Victorian point d'esprit bolero jacket with lace appliques and beading and sequins that I found languishing in a local bridal shop. They had the piece since 2008, and no one had bought the thing as it looked too 'old fashioned'.

The purple silk on the bodice was pieced into the ivory silk bodice to underlay the bolero jacket to show off the design details more fully. The same purple fabric used for the ruffle on the underskirt was overlaid with a point 'esprit netting fabric, also used on the front of the bustled overskirt. The overskirt is edged in a wide English netting edging lace, also from my stash.

IMG_7359.jpg

IMG_7438.jpg

IMG_7439.jpg

IMG_7440.jpg

IMG_7431.jpg

Last edited:

AuroraFisherman

New in Town
I watched Thin Man around Christmas and sort of fell in love with the little square hat Maureen O'Sullivan has in the first scene, so I decided to make something similar. The result is a square, crocheted beret that I'm quite pleased with. It's really warm and comfy and still fairly stylish!
blogger-image-1429558039.jpg

(please ignore that there's white paint in my hair - I've been painting some old book cases white and somehow it got in my hair)
Love the berret! Beautiful broach too!
I see that you are Swedish too, I send you an PM and ask how you made it :)

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I channeled the 1870s yet again recently for another 19th c. dance, Gaskell's Xmas Ball. This evening ensemble was built from more silk dupioni goods, this time in candlelight ivory and purple/blue shades I had had for years in my fabric stash.

I made the boned, and ruffled bustle petticoat, trained underskirt, bustled apron overskirt and evening bodice- all patterns by Truly Victorian. The gown was built around the Victorian point d'esprit bolero jacket with lace appliques and beading and sequins that I found languishing in a local bridal shop. They had the piece since 2008, and no one had bought the thing as it looked too 'old fashioned'.

The purple silk on the bodice was pieced into the ivory silk bodice to underlay the bolero jacket to show off the design details more fully. The same purple fabric used for the ruffle on the underskirt was overlaid with a point 'esprit netting fabric, also used on the front of the bustled overskirt. The overskirt is edged in a wide English netting edging lace, also from my stash.

IMG_7359.jpg

IMG_7438.jpg

IMG_7439.jpg

IMG_7440.jpg

IMG_7431.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

shazzabanazza

Practically Family

IMG_7359.jpg

IMG_7438.jpg

IMG_7439.jpg

IMG_7440.jpg

IMG_7431.jpg

WOWZA! Absolutely stunning!

ColeV48

Familiar Face
Just checked in on this thread (I try not to, too often, because I get so jealous of everyone's sewing skills!) and I'm a little speechless again with admiration! Great job everyone!

ColeV48 your dresses are so incredible! Utterly gorgeous, all of them :)

Thank you! And don't be too jealous, I've been sewing for 23 years, went to school for it, and it's my job! I have a feeling I'm not the only one with years of experience (and mistakes) to get to this point!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Ya know, you're the first to mention that. It was 60F/15.5C and the dogs were playing outside. Today, it's 30F/-1C.

SheBear74

Practically Family
I haven't been doing a whole lot of sewing because we repainted most of our condo. I ended up giving my office set which was in our bedroom to my son. So I took our old kitchen table and made a table cloth to hide my fabric stash under it. I refinished the desk with a cream and burgandy crackle paint and made a little curtain to hide the stuff that is stored under it as well. :D At least it's practical. ;)
387738_3080523378854_1436903181_3237009_1344256312_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21