Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Bluebird Marsha

A-List Customer
I made this for a photography class I've been taking, using some of the things I have lying around.

Saturday Night: 1943
IMG_0101r.jpg

Last edited:

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
My most recent project, with added double rhombus pockets
018-2.jpg

The fabric was my great great aunt's, she never did anything with it and wouldn't let her daughter do anything with it, my great aunt figured she was too old for it now so handed it off to me :D
DSCN0404.jpg

I'm so in love with this skirt right now.

It's just gorgeous Hailey! I love that fabric. So perfect for a circle skirt.
X
BD

SheBear74

Practically Family
Kamikat, that is yet another beautiful outfit. I am curious as to how many outfits you have made yourself. Seems like your closet is full of things you have made! :D

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, ladies!
SheBear, I wish my closet was full of outfits! I've gone up and down dramatically in weight in the last 10 years and I regularly sell off things that don't fit. Same with anything that I don't wear more than twice in a season. For example, I just went through my summer clothes, to get ready for the new season. I have a pile to get rid of. The "to-keep" pile from last summer is 2 40's jumpers/pinafores and 5-6 blouses. I'd rather have a small wardrobe of garments I LOVE than have a large one full of things I don't really care about. Plus, if I sell off clothes, it means I can buy more fabric. As to how many, I probably average 1 garment per week for the last 15 years. But to keep that in perspective, some of that was maternity/nursing clothes that are long gone, special occasion clothing rarely worn and basics like pajamas/ tshirts/swimsuits, ect. The only clothing I buy are undergarments, everything else is handmade.

Lorelai99

One of the Regulars
My latest!
6982397541_6ec7b4d5b2.jpg

6836272298_4efd40a148.jpg

That looks lovely on you!! Is the fabric dots or something else? I'm always interested to see what people use different fabric for because I sometimes have a hard time seeing fabric and thinking it meets to be a certain outfit!!

I was also going to say the pretty dogs are missing but then I noticed a behind!! I love the theme that this board seems to have gotten of pets sneaking into the pictures!!

ColeV48

Familiar Face
I really love the aesthetic of the '30s, but I needed a WWII dress for this weekend. So, I found a picture of a 1940s pattern I liked (similar to some '30s gowns) and altered it slightly- different collar, buttons, smaller/more pleats. I had the perfect buttons that needed to be used anyway!
IMG_2303.jpg

crwritt

One Too Many
Thanks, ladies!
SheBear, I wish my closet was full of outfits! I've gone up and down dramatically in weight in the last 10 years and I regularly sell off things that don't fit. Same with anything that I don't wear more than twice in a season. For example, I just went through my summer clothes, to get ready for the new season. I have a pile to get rid of. The "to-keep" pile from last summer is 2 40's jumpers/pinafores and 5-6 blouses. I'd rather have a small wardrobe of garments I LOVE than have a large one full of things I don't really care about. Plus, if I sell off clothes, it means I can buy more fabric. As to how many, I probably average 1 garment per week for the last 15 years. But to keep that in perspective, some of that was maternity/nursing clothes that are long gone, special occasion clothing rarely worn and basics like pajamas/ tshirts/swimsuits, ect. The only clothing I buy are undergarments, everything else is handmade.
Wow I wish I could make myself get rid of things that easily. My problem is, if you call it that, that most of my dresses I've made still fit me, I tend to stay the same size year after year, and I like at least something about each one, the fabric, the pattern, or something, so my closet is bursting .I have lots of fabric, too, and more ideas for clothes I want to make!

Lorelai99

One of the Regulars
I really love the aesthetic of the '30s, but I needed a WWII dress for this weekend. So, I found a picture of a 1940s pattern I liked (similar to some '30s gowns) and altered it slightly- different collar, buttons, smaller/more pleats. I had the perfect buttons that needed to be used anyway!
IMG_2303.jpg

Lovely! I have a weakness for the color combo of navy and white!!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
This dress is from Butterick 5209, which is a 1947 reprint currently available. You can't tell from the pictures, but there are tiny navy polka dots all over.

6857287114_1fa80c9084.jpg

Grant Fan

Practically Family
My most recent project, with added double rhombus pockets
018-2.jpg

The fabric was my great great aunt's, she never did anything with it and wouldn't let her daughter do anything with it, my great aunt figured she was too old for it now so handed it off to me :D
DSCN0404.jpg

I'm so in love with this skirt right now.

Oh my goodness I love this skirt. The style looks lovely on you. But I am in love with the fabric, where on earth did you find it?

Lorelai99

One of the Regulars
This dress is from Butterick 5209, which is a 1947 reprint currently available. You can't tell from the pictures, but there are tiny navy polka dots all over.

6857287114_1fa80c9084.jpg

That color looks great on you! Love seeing everyone's projects with this pattern, I made it a few years back with navy and white and added a few buttons, love seeing your take on this pattern! I really need to lose weight so mine fits again...

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
Oh my goodness I love this skirt. The style looks lovely on you. But I am in love with the fabric, where on earth did you find it?
Why thank you! :) Sorry, the fabric is vintage, it was my great great aunts. She never did anything with it and her daughter (my great aunt) hadn't either so she gave it to me. A very awesome gift that worked perfectly for the pattern.

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
IMG_2303.jpg
What a gorgeous dress! You did a fantastic job it looks lovely, and i love your hair!

SheBear74

Practically Family
So I am kind of obsessed with this pattern right now. lol I bought a table cloth that was about 30inches too long. I figured the linen would work fine for shorts. :D
IMG_20120326_202803.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112