Show us what you've made!

Discussion in 'The Powder Room' started by Lady Day, Jul 14, 2006.

1. shazzabanazza

shazzabanazza Practically Family

How gorgeous !!!

2. MarieAnne

MarieAnne Practically Family

Here is the Halloween costume I made for my daughter.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And this is a skirt I recently made. A circle skirt with 8 double box pleats. It's a little heavy but perfect for winter. It's long enough to extend past the top of my boots so I can wear pants underneath for extra warmth;).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. BlondiePhysicist

BlondiePhysicist New in Town

Omg, I just saw this! Thank you so much! What a nice thing to say!

4. St. Louis

St. Louis Practically Family

Beautiful! Lovely photography, too.

5. MsMarie

MsMarie New in Town

Hello Ladies, I'm new to the forum but am a long time seamstress. This weekend I just finished up another version of one of my favorite 40's patterns, Hollywood 1032.
    [​IMG]IMG_4949 by Heather Beckley, on Flickr

6. St. Louis

St. Louis Practically Family

Exquisite tailoring. Really love the accessories, hair, makeup, and styling too. Thanks for posting this wonderful image.

7. MsMarie

MsMarie New in Town

Thanks so much. :)

8. Ms_Kim

Ms_Kim New in Town

@MsMarie - do you frequent the FB group Vintage Updos for Modern Ladies? You look familiar! (as much as one is able to tell on the great wide interwbz...)

9. LolitaHaze

LolitaHaze Call Me a Cab

Another thread I miss!! This is inspiring me to finish the dang skirt I started! Hopefully by day's end I will be able to post a picture here!

RedDoll46 likes this.
  10. Amy Jeanne

Amy Jeanne Call Me a Cab

Screen Shot 2019-02-19 at 11.47.52 AM.png Some 1930s dresses I made that may be of interest to this forum. I been all over the place 1910s to now.

Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 2.21.45 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-02-19 at 11.53.12 AM.png

11. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

AJ! Great to see you back -- hope all is well!

12. Amy Jeanne

Amy Jeanne Call Me a Cab

Doing great. Living the best life in Colorado, very physically active, I have a WONDERFUL boyfriend I live with and will probably marry next year, honing in on my style and creativity -- something I wasn't "allowed" to do in my last lifetime! I also have a wonderful job working with developmentally delayed adults and they keep me on my toes LOL. Great money, too.

Antje, Dm101 and LizzieMaine like this.
  13. Dm101

Dm101 A-List Customer

Ammo hatband...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

JennieRage likes this.
  14. LolitaHaze

LolitaHaze Call Me a Cab

15. LolitaHaze

LolitaHaze Call Me a Cab

@Dm101 I'm digging that hat band! I've been getting a bit more into the Western motif since I started doing product photography for a Western Performance Arts supplier.

Dm101 likes this.
  16. BegintheBeguine

BegintheBeguine My Mail is Forwarded Here

Well, I made this in 1981 but seeing as how Karl Lagerfeld died yester-day I'm posting it. Karl Lagerfeld for Chloe Vogue pattern using Chloe designer fabric.

Attached Files:

Michael A, Dm101 and JennieRage like this.
  17. Dm101

Dm101 A-List Customer

Thank you! [emoji4]
    I have wanted an ammo band for the longest, I couldn't find one at a reasonable price...so I made one.
    I hope I didn't post in the wrong section.
    [emoji18]

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

18. Amy Jeanne

Amy Jeanne Call Me a Cab

From a 1913 pattern.

1913.jpg

19. Miss Moonlight

Miss Moonlight A-List Customer

I'm a little late on this, as this is from Halloween. And it's not the best pic, as my young child took it. :) But my husband and I were what are often referred to as the gas mask zombies from the Dr. Who WW2 era episode arc, The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances. My husband's Dr. Constantine was easy- trousers, vest, shirt, tie, jacket. Mine, the show's WW2 era UK VAD nurse, took a little more work. I went by the nurses on the episodes. I found a suitable dress online and hemmed it shorter, made the apron and cuffs (the cuffs were from a child's white dress shirt, as I have very small wrists), the collar (also from that shirt), and the gas masks are made of craft foam and aluminum can bottoms. Incidentally, the fx team on the show couldn't find enough of the proper masks from the time, so they created their own style, so it doesn't represent any real mask from the time.

It's been years since this episode, and long-time Whovians know it, but not one person in our neighborhood recognized it. They thought it was creepy, they thought it was apocolyptic (which it isn't! That episode has a happy ending, everyone lives!), but we had fun asking, "Are you my mummy?"

dr who gas mask zombie nurse.jpg th.jpg

20. Dm101

Dm101 A-List Customer

That just looks AWESOME!

Miss Moonlight likes this.